|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Biswas becomes disillusioned about his marriage to Sharma, where does he go?
(a) To the store in The Chase.
(b) To seek Pundit Tulsi's advice.
(c) Back to his mother's house.
(d) To England.
2. How does Mr. Biswas decorate his room in Green Vale?
(a) With hand-lettered slogans from Hindi meetings.
(b) By painting the entire house inside and out.
(c) With new furniture.
(d) With wallpaper salvaged from construction sites.
3. Where does Mr. Biswas work with Bhandat, Ajodha's brother?
(a) A rum shop.
(b) A factory.
(c) A sugar cane plantation.
(d) A school.
4. What does Sharma blame for the failure of the store?
(a) The greed of their customers.
(b) The overuse of credit.
(c) Mr. Biswas' lazy behavior.
(d) The poor economy.
5. What treatment does Ramchand recommend for Mr. Biswas?
(a) Long walks in the country.
(b) A long vacation.
(c) Music from a gramophone.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his father's death, where does Mr. Biswas live?
2. Why does Pundit Jairam send Mr. Biswas back home?
3. What is Mr. Biswas' favorite hobby?
4. How does the family at Hanuman House learn that Mr. Biswas is sick?
5. Which room in Hanuman House does Mr. Biswas occupy while he is ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shama react when Mr. Biswas loses his job?
2. Describe the circumstances surrounding the birth of Shama's first child.
3. When Shama is pregnant with her fourth child, she and Mr. Biswas have a severe argument. What happens during that argument, and how does it affect their family?
4. Why does Pundit Jairam send Mr. Biswas home?
5. What happens to the Biswas children after their father dies?
6. Describe the events leading up to the destruction of Savi's dollhouse.
7. What motivates Mr. Biswas to choose the house for his family?
8. What must Mr. Biswas and Shama do to reopen their shop and house in The Chase?
9. What happens to Mr. Biswas' house in Green Vale during his illness?
10. What role does Seth play in assisting Mr. Biswas to recover from his illness?
This section contains 988 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)