|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 2, Chapter 4, what does Basdai constantly say to her children?
(a) "Read! Learn! Learn! Read!"
(b) "No! No! No!"
(c) "Come here!"
(d) "Go away!"
2. Why is Shekhar jealous of Owad?
(a) Shekhar claims he wanted to study at Cambridge.
(b) He wishes he could work overseas.
(c) He loves Owad's fiance.
(d) Owad is Mrs. Tulsi's favorite child.
3. What do the Tulsi women feed their chickens?
(a) Bits of leftover soup and crackers.
(b) Dried corn bartered from their renters.
(c) Chicken feed from the Tulsi store in Arwacas.
(d) Moldy cakes discarded from the bakeries in town.
4. Why does Mrs. Tulsi evict everyone from the house in Port of Spain?
(a) She is angry at the entire family.
(b) She must fumigate for rats.
(c) She is selling the house.
(d) She is preparing the house for Owad's return.
5. What does Mr. Biswas' new neighbor think he should have paid for the house?
6. What type of club does Owad join after he returns home?
(a) A chess club.
(b) A yacht club.
(c) A political club.
(d) A tennis club.
7. What sign does Mr. Biswas post on his house in Shorthills?
(a) No trespassing.
(b) For free.
(c) Keep out.
(d) For sale or rent.
8. Which subject does Anand excel in at school?
(c) English composition.
9. Which character receives a scholarship to the university?
10. How far off the floor is one of the doors in the new house?
(a) Ten inches.
(b) Six inches.
(c) A foot.
(d) Two inches.
11. What outrageous claim does Owad make about Russian cotton?
(a) It is edible.
(b) The cotton bolls grow as large as tennis balls.
(c) It is as heavy as wool.
(d) It naturally grows in different colors and does not need to be dyed.
12. What political party has Owad become involved with while overseas?
13. Before Book 2, Chapter 3, which family member has managed the family's estates?
(c) Mrs. Tulsi.
14. When does Mr. Biswas make the final decision to purchase the house?
(a) The next week.
(b) Monday night.
(c) Thursday morning.
(d) Tuesday morning.
15. In Book 2, Chapter 3, what does Chinta accuse Anand of doing?
(b) Stealing chickens.
(c) Withholding money from the family.
(d) Stealing money from her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What odorous problem arises soon after Mr. Biswas and his family move into the new house?
2. When Mr. Burnett leaves the "Sentinel," where does he go?
3. In the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 3, which family member refuses to relocate?
4. In Book 2, Chapter 6, what literature does Owad leave around the house?
5. What day is the purchase complete?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)