|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of Chapter 2, who buys the Bipti's property?
(a) The owners of the sugar cane plantation.
(b) A foreign investor.
(c) Her sister, Tara.
(d) Her next door neighbor, Dhari.
2. How does the family at Hanuman House learn that Mr. Biswas is sick?
(a) Through a message.
(b) Through a rumor.
(c) Through a phone call.
(d) In a newspaper article.
3. While at school, what talent does Mr. Biswas discover he has?
(b) Ornate lettering.
(d) Public speaking.
4. How does Shama's family react to the purchase of the house?
(a) With snide, cutting remarks and insults.
(b) They worry and warn Shama of the evils of the city.
(c) They beg Shama to stay with them.
(d) With enthusiasm and encouragement.
5. When Mr. Biswas and Sharma have an argument while they stay together for a few days at Green Vale, what happens?
(a) Sharma kicks Mr. Biswas.
(b) Sharma slaps Mr. Biswas.
(c) Mr. Biswas kicks Sharma.
(d) Mr. Biswas slaps Sharma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mr. Biswas live after Mrs. Tulsi evicts him from the house in Port of Spain?
2. Why does Pundit Jairam send Mr. Biswas back home?
3. What claim does Prakash make that offends Mr. Biswas?
4. Where does Sharma go to prepare for the birth of her first child?
5. Where are the examination scores posted?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)