|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What opposition does Mr. Biswas have to the family's plan to raise sheep?
(a) No one has the time to look after the flock.
(b) He believes it is immoral for Hindus to raise sheep for meat.
(c) The family does not own enough pasture.
(d) Sheep are noisy and smell bad.
2. When does Mr. Biswas make the final decision to purchase the house?
(a) Thursday morning.
(b) Tuesday morning.
(c) Monday night.
(d) The next week.
3. What does Mr. Biswas offer to do for free for the editor of the newspaper?
(b) Clean his office.
(c) Set up the typesetter.
(d) Write articles.
4. What presents do the children receive the Christmas after Owad goes to England?
(a) Books and candy.
(b) Dolls and clothes.
5. Which newspaper offers Mr. Biswas a job?
(a) "The Trinidad Sentinel."
(b) "The Trinidad Star."
(c) "The Trinidad Times."
(d) "The Trinidad News."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does the pundit recommend Mr. Biswas' father wait before seeing his newborn son?
2. While traveling around the island as part of his new government job, where does Mr. Biswas establish an office?
3. In the epilogue, what honor does Savi win?
4. What is eventually discovered on Bipti's property after it is sold?
5. What does Mr. Biswas do when he sees a relative's child destroying some of the store's stock?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)