|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 5, The Void.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 2, Chapter 3, what gift does the family plan to give each child?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A sheep.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A book.
2. Why does Mr. Biswas accuse the Tulsis of being "orthodox Roman Catholic Hindus"?
(a) Because Owad's best friend is Catholic.
(b) Because the family closes shop for the Christmas holiday.
(c) Because the family does business with a Catholic investor.
(d) Because two boys in the house attend mass at a Catholic school.
3. What is the doctor's diagnosis of Mr. Biswas' illness?
(d) Nerves and a vitamin deficiency.
4. What deformity does the newborn Mr. Biswas have?
(a) A cleft palate.
(b) Six fingers on each hand.
(c) A club foot.
(d) Crossed eyes.
5. In the prologue, how much of the mortgage is left on Mr. Biswas' house?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 5, what gift does Mr. Biswas give Savi?
2. What does Sharma use to treat bedbugs?
3. What does Mr. Biswas read in bed while living at Green Vale?
4. How does the editor react to Mr. Biswas' free work?
5. In Book 2, Chapter 1, which relative invites Mr. Biswas for a visit?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)