|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 5, The Void.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Book 1, Chapter 2, who runs away with Dehuti?
(a) Mr. Biswas, her brother.
(b) Pundit Jairam, her teacher.
(c) No one.
(d) Ramchand, Aunt Tara's yard boy.
2. What does Bipti's father believe caused the argument between Bipti and her husband?
(b) Hard times.
(c) Bipti's attitude.
(d) The white calf.
3. Why is Mr. Biswas asked to join the new government agency after the war?
(a) Because of his writing skills.
(b) Because of his experience in working with the Deserving Destitutes.
(c) Because of his experience in construction.
(d) Because he has a large family.
4. What does Mr. Biswas use to begin construction on his new house in Book 1, Chapter 5?
(a) Salvaged or cheaply purchased used materials.
(b) Fresh lumber from the field.
(c) Bricks from an old estate.
(d) Cinder blocks.
5. While at school, what talent does Mr. Biswas discover he has?
(b) Public speaking.
(d) Ornate lettering.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 2, Chapter 3, what gift does the family plan to give each child?
2. Which room in Hanuman House does Mr. Biswas occupy while he is ill?
3. When his commute to work becomes difficult, where does Mr. Biswas find lodging?
4. How does Mr. Biswas invest the money he saved from his sign painting days?
5. What does Sharma use to treat bedbugs?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)