|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6, A Departure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book is Mr. Biswas keep for the rest of his life after being unable to return it to school?
(a) "Book of Comprehensive Knowledge"
(b) "Bell's Standard Elocutionist"
(c) "That Body of Yours"
(d) "The Lives of Engineers"
2. What is eventually discovered on Bipti's property after it is sold?
(a) Hindi artifacts.
(b) A grave.
3. According to pundit, what must Mr. Biswas stay away from?
(a) The road.
(b) Bulls and calves.
(c) Trees and water.
4. When Mr. Biswas becomes disillusioned about his marriage to Sharma, where does he go?
(a) To the store in The Chase.
(b) To England.
(c) Back to his mother's house.
(d) To seek Pundit Tulsi's advice.
5. After his father's death, where does Mr. Biswas live?
(a) In a mud hut owned by Aunt Tara.
(b) In his Aunt Tara's house.
(c) In an apartment with his mother.
(d) In a cave on the cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mungroo sue Mr. Biswas for?
2. Why does Shama destroy the gift Mr. Biswas gave Savi?
3. What does Mr. Biswas dislike about Sharma?
4. When Mr. Biswas sees a child destroying some of the store's stock, what does his reaction cause the mother of the accused child to do?
5. In the prologue, what severance is Mr. Biswas given after he is fired?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)