|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6, A Departure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Tulsis hire Mr. Biswas to do in their dry goods store?
(a) Clean the bathroom.
(b) Run the counter.
(c) Paint signs.
(d) Put up stock.
2. Where does Sharma go to prepare for the birth of her first child?
(a) The local hospital.
(b) The Hanuman House.
(c) A hospital on the mainland.
(d) A room above the store.
3. What was the purchase price of Mr. Biswas' house?
4. How does Mr. Biswas lose his childhood job?
(a) The calf drowns.
(b) He breaks a stack of dishes.
(c) A goat falls off a cliff.
(d) The calves are stolen by bandits.
5. How does Shama's family react to the purchase of the house?
(a) With snide, cutting remarks and insults.
(b) With enthusiasm and encouragement.
(c) They beg Shama to stay with them.
(d) They worry and warn Shama of the evils of the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Biswas' father die?
2. What solution does Seth recommend for Mr. Biswas' financial problems?
3. What disease afflicts Bipti's father?
4. What does Sharma blame for the failure of the store?
5. In Book 1, Chapter 5, where does Mr. Biswas spend Christmas?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)