|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 2, The New Regime.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Biswas do when he is bored at the shop?
(a) Paints landscape murals and reads novels.
(b) Plays solitaire.
(c) Sweeps the floor and rearranges the stock.
(d) Counts the little bit of money in the cashbox.
2. How is Shekhar's wife, Dorothy, different from the other Tulsi women?
(a) She has blue eyes.
(b) She is has Asian relatives.
(c) She is more modern.
(d) She is not Hindu.
3. How does Mr. Biswas anger Owad?
(a) By hitting him.
(b) By cursing his family.
(c) By ignoring him.
(d) By spitting on him.
4. When Mr. Biswas becomes disillusioned about his marriage to Sharma, where does he go?
(a) To the store in The Chase.
(b) Back to his mother's house.
(c) To seek Pundit Tulsi's advice.
(d) To England.
5. What does Bipti's father believe caused the argument between Bipti and her husband?
(a) The white calf.
(b) Bipti's attitude.
(c) Hard times.
Short Answer Questions
1. During his illness, what happens to the house that Mr. Biswas was constructing?
2. What do the Tulsis hire Mr. Biswas to do in their dry goods store?
3. Where does Sharma go to prepare for the birth of her first child?
4. What does Mr. Biswas dislike about Sharma?
5. How does Mr. Biswas' father die?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)