• Mr. Biswas is fired from his job at the "Trinidad Sentinel."
• Mr. Biswas is terminally ill.
• Shama tries to raise money by selling potatoes.
• Mr. Biswas recommends that they sell their car.
• A detailed description of Mr. Biswas' shoddily constructed house is given to the reader.
• Mr. Biswas is aware that he paid far too much for his house.
• Mr. Biswas remembers the events leading up to the purchase of the house.
Book 1, Chapter 1, Pastoral
• After an argument with her husband, Raghu, Bipti takes her three children and goes to her parent's home.
• Mr. Biswas is born at his grandparents' house.
• The pundit declares that Mr. Biswas is unlucky, particularly his sneeze.
• Raghu is warned to stay away from his son for twenty-one days.
• As a child, Mr. Biswas takes water to a neighbor's calf every day.
• Mr. Biswas takes the calf to a pond where it...
This section contains 1,737 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)