|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4—Pages 312-353.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuan do to get the money to travel to the coastal city?
(a) He steals from a beggar.
(b) He gets money from his father.
(c) He sells his clothes.
(d) He sells his horse.
2. Who meets Yuan when he debarks from the train?
(b) An officer.
(d) Wang the Merchant.
3. How often does Yuan write to his father when he's in the capital city?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once every year.
(d) Every other month.
4. At what point does Yuan begin looking at women differently?
(a) When he meets the maid.
(b) When he talks to Ai-lan's mother about his father.
(c) When he touches hands with the maid.
(d) When he dances with a woman for the first time.
5. When Yuan proposes to a female character, how does she respond?
(a) She accepts the proposal because she wants protection.
(b) She accepts the proposal because she loves him.
(c) She rejects the proposal because she sees him as a brother.
(d) She rejects the proposal because she never wants to get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuan reject about Mary?
2. What has Yuan's lady mother been writing to him about?
3. Despite outward appearances, how does Yuan feel about his father?
4. What does the maid write in her letter to Yuan?
5. Why does Sheng want go abroad and never return?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)