|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3—Pages 244-283.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the maid write in her letter to Yuan?
(a) That she desperately wants to marry him.
(b) That she will meet him at the pleasure house.
(c) That she loves him but doesn't need marriage.
(d) That he must join the revolutionaries.
2. What do the two Chinese brothers do that humiliates Yuan so much?
(a) They put on a comedy act.
(b) They tell Mary that America is better than China.
(c) They insult Yuan's father.
(d) They insult Mary.
3. Why does Yuan dislike the 17-year-old daughter of the landlady?
(a) She is very loud.
(b) She has not been properly educated.
(c) She is lazy and messy.
(d) She dresses to gain the attention of men.
4. Who says, "almost I understand how sons kill their fathers in these days"?
(b) Ai-lan's mother.
(c) Yuan's sister.
(d) Yuan's father.
5. What does Yuan reject about Mary?
(a) Her lack of faith.
(b) Her naivety about China.
(c) Her lack of education.
(d) Her race.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Meng?
2. What does Ai-lan's mother want Yuan to do?
3. Why does Yuan dislike being around the poor people?
4. How old is Yuan when he arrives in America?
5. To whom does Yuan's father owe a lot of money to?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)