|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1—Pages 27-46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuan do to get the money to travel to the coastal city?
(a) He sells his horse.
(b) He gets money from his father.
(c) He sells his clothes.
(d) He steals from a beggar.
2. Why does Yuan enjoy traveling alone?
(a) It gives him time away from his father.
(b) He enjoys sight-seeing.
(c) It refreshes his creativity.
(d) He is afraid of being controlled.
3. What time is it when Yuan arrives at his father's house?
(a) Early morning.
(b) Early afternoon.
(c) Late night.
4. What does Yuan immediately become aware of when he enters the coastal city?
(a) The streets are filthy.
(b) That people are very suspicious of his prescence.
(c) The differences between rich and poor.
(d) The women are treated different.
5. Which of the following is a common theme throughout the first part of the book?
(a) Running from one's self.
(b) Dealing with the absence of a father.
(c) Family pride.
(d) Being scared of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yuan stop riding his horse when he is in the countryside?
2. Why does Yuan decide to stay at the old tenant's home?
3. When Yuan is alone with the old tenants, why are they suspicious of his motives?
4. How does Yuan feel about arranged marriage?
5. What do Yuan's reasons for staying at the home of the old tenants demonstrate?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)