|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3—Pages 215-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuan use the plot of land for?
(a) He meets there with other revolutionists.
(b) He goes there to write.
(c) A science experiment.
(d) A school project.
2. Why does Sheng want go abroad and never return?
(a) He believes the poor people in foreign countries need more help.
(b) He doesn't want to fight for the common man.
(c) The rich people of the region disgust him.
(d) He doesn't believe a revolution is necessary.
3. What does Wu do when a beggar reaches out to him?
(a) Smashes his hand with a shoe.
(b) Gives him a large sum of money.
(c) Spits on him.
(d) Slaps him across the face.
4. Why is Yuan envious of Sheng?
(a) Yuan's family praises Sheng more often.
(b) Sheng is often praised for his writing skills.
(c) Sheng has better robes than Yuan.
(d) Sheng is a better dancer.
5. What is the occupation of the person Yuan befriends, but keeps a secret?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuan think of the poor people in the city?
2. Why is Yuan proud of Ai-lan?
3. How long does Sheng live in America without leaving the city he lives in?
4. Why doesn't Ai-lan's mother trust Wu?
5. How does Yuan feel about the maid?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)