|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3—Pages 215-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sheng want go abroad and never return?
(a) He doesn't believe a revolution is necessary.
(b) He believes the poor people in foreign countries need more help.
(c) He doesn't want to fight for the common man.
(d) The rich people of the region disgust him.
2. What does the maid do in response to Yuan's traditional behavior, such as bowing?
(a) She tells him that he should reserve these courtesies for others.
(b) She reprimands him for it.
(c) She thanks him for his courtesies.
(d) She ignores it.
3. According to Yuan's teacher, why can't Yuan explain the meaning of his poem?
(a) Yuan is not clear on the meaning himself.
(b) Yuan completely lacks writing talent.
(c) Yuan is too ashamed.
(d) Yuan doesn't have enough life experiences.
4. What does Wu do when a beggar reaches out to him?
(a) Slaps him across the face.
(b) Gives him a large sum of money.
(c) Smashes his hand with a shoe.
(d) Spits on him.
5. How does Yuan feel after thinking about the maid when he should be sleeping?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character has become a captain in the new army?
2. What is the occupation of the person Yuan befriends, but keeps a secret?
3. What does the teacher's daughter feel her father possesses?
4. What allows Yuan to look past the fact that his teacher's family is American?
5. Why is Yuan proud of Ai-lan?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)