|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3—Pages 215-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Mei-ling when Yuan returns to China from America?
2. What does Yuan base most of his opinions of people on?
(a) Outward appearance.
(b) Political opinions.
(c) Their hygiene.
(d) The way they treat their elders.
3. Why is Yuan proud of Ai-lan?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) Her betrothed.
(d) Her education.
4. Why is Yuan so interested in his teacher's daughter?
(a) She is well-educated.
(b) She reminds him of Ai-lan.
(c) He thinks his father would approve of her.
(d) She is interested in Yuan's homeland.
5. What does the maid do in response to Yuan's traditional behavior, such as bowing?
(a) She thanks him for his courtesies.
(b) She reprimands him for it.
(c) She tells him that he should reserve these courtesies for others.
(d) She ignores it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Ai-lan's mother trust Wu?
2. What does the teacher's daughter feel her father possesses?
3. What is Yuan's favorite subject to learn about?
4. What is the occupation of the person Yuan befriends, but keeps a secret?
5. Which of the following does Yuan bring back with him from America?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)