|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3—Pages 215-244.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuan learn from the woman on the ship?
(a) That women no longer bind their feet.
(b) That Christianity has become prevalent in China.
(c) That women dress differently now.
(d) That women are more disrespectful toward men.
2. What does the teacher's daughter feel her father possesses?
3. Why does Sheng want go abroad and never return?
(a) He doesn't want to fight for the common man.
(b) He doesn't believe a revolution is necessary.
(c) He believes the poor people in foreign countries need more help.
(d) The rich people of the region disgust him.
4. Why do parents abandon the children that Yuan's "lady mother" runs a home for?
(a) They are girls.
(b) The families were too poor to take care of them.
(c) They are not healthy.
(d) They were not able to arrange marriages for them.
5. What reason does Yuan give to Meng for not joining the cause?
(a) His father would not approve.
(b) His life is too busy.
(c) He wants to focus on writing.
(d) He has no interest in the cause.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Yuan get angry at the women Sheng keeps company with?
2. What is Yuan's inner struggle?
3. Why is Yuan so interested in his teacher's daughter?
4. What does Yuan's uncle say about Sheng?
5. At what point does Yuan begin looking at women differently?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)