|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces themselves to Barbara and Neddy at parents' weekend?
2. Who tells Rob that he and Cedric would have probably been friends if they had not been roommates?
3. Who in Cedric's dorm also likes hip-hip music?
4. In May, what started another fight between Cedric and Rob?
5. Where do Zayd and Cedric go shopping after they become friends again in "A Place Up Ahead"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Barbara been doing since Cedric left for college?
2. What does Cedric realize about the teacher he observed at Slater?
3. What are Cedric and Rob fighting about in May?
4. In Chapter 10, why do Rob and Cedric change the music rules?
5. Why do Zayd and Cedric become friends again?
6. Why have Cedric and Zayd not spoken since the end of January?
7. Describe the mid-term Calculus test that Cedric takes.
8. Describe Thanksgiving dinner at Dr. Korb's home.
9. What causes Cedric to go talk to Rachel Edy, a peer counselor?
10. How will things change for Cedric second semester?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare what it means to use "one's talents to bring 'glory onto God' and what it means to be prideful. Use some of the arguments that Cedric uses in the book.
Essay Topic 2
During Cedric's graduation address, he refers to "Dreambusters." Discuss what these "Dreambusters" are and how they have affected Cedric's life in a positive or negative way.
Essay Topic 3
Compare how the phrase "a hope unseen" refers to Cedric's life and how it refers to the lives of immigrants to the United States. What examples does Cedric use in the Epilogue to show this comparison?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)