|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only class Cedric is not worried about at mid-term?
2. Who tells Rob that he and Cedric would have probably been friends if they had not been roommates?
3. What is one of the few things that gives Barbara much joy lately now that Cedric is gone?
4. What does Rob get that helps with the music problem in the dorm room?
5. How does Phillip Arden's father get to Brown for parent's weekend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cedric write a poem instead of a paper for Wakefield's class?
2. Why is Chapter 9 titled "Bill Payers on Parade?"
3. How do Cedric and Rob come to an agreement about music in their dorm room?
4. What causes Cedric to go talk to Rachel Edy, a peer counselor?
5. Why have Cedric and Zayd not spoken since the end of January?
6. How is Barbara doing in February?
7. Why is Cedric considering changing Psychology to pass/fail and dropping Discrete Math?
8. How will things change for Cedric second semester?
9. Describe the mid-term Calculus test that Cedric takes.
10. Why does Cedric return to Ballou over Christmas break?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why Cedric tells Mr. Taylor in Chapter 3 that he is at a crossroads in his life.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Mr. Taylor misquotes Hebrews 11:1. How does Mr. Taylor misquote this phrase? Explain what this phrase means to Cedric at that point in time. Explain what the phrase may have meant to Cedric while he is at M.I.T., during his senior year at Ballou, and while Cedric is attending college.
Essay Topic 3
After mid-terms at M.I.T., Cedric awakes suddenly, and it seems as though he hears his surrogate grandmother say, "Cedric, you haven't yet begun to fight." Explain how this phrase affects Cedric and what it means to him.
This section contains 1,032 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)