|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Zayd and Cedric go shopping after they become friends again in "A Place Up Ahead"?
2. What does Cedric do when he goes to a party with Chiniqua at Harambee House for the first time?
3. After Cedric finishes his Alumni Day speech, what does he see on a step?
4. Why does Rob invite Cedric to at the Cafe Paragon?
5. What is an issue between Cedric and Rob in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Cedric and Rob come to an agreement about music in their dorm room?
2. What do Zayd Dohrn's parents do in the 1960s?
3. Describe Thanksgiving dinner at Dr. Korb's home.
4. Why does Cedric return to Ballou over Christmas break?
5. How does Cedric pay for incidentals at college?
6. Why does Cedric write a poem instead of a paper for Wakefield's class?
7. What does Cedric realize about the teacher he observed at Slater?
8. How has Barbara been doing since Cedric left for college?
9. Why is Cedric considering changing Psychology to pass/fail and dropping Discrete Math?
10. In Chapter 10, why do Rob and Cedric change the music rules?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain what Cedric means when he says, "Comfortable in this place that I hate." How does this phrase relate to a decision Cedric have to make?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Cedric is depressed and easily irritated as he waits to hear if he has been accepted to a summer program at M.I.T. Discuss why Cedric is depressed and easily irritated.
Essay Topic 3
At the beginning of the book is a quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson. Explain what each line of the poem means and how the poem relates to Cedric's life.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)