|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Cedric take Chiniqua out to eat in April?
(b) Burger King.
(c) The Underground.
2. What teacher from Cedric's high school comes up to Brown?
(a) Dr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Washington.
(c) Mr. Taylor.
(d) Ms. Nelson.
3. Who arranges for Cedric to have a tutor?
(a) Professor James.
(b) Dr. Korb.
(c) Bishop Long.
(d) His faculty advisor.
4. What does Cedric do on Saturday nights the first month at college?
(a) Go to parties.
(b) Hang out with his roommate.
(c) Do things with Chiniqua.
5. Where does Chiniqua return shoes?
(a) Sam Goody's.
(b) The mall.
(c) Eastside Market.
(d) Popular Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. One October evening, why does Rob yell at Cedric?
2. What is one of the few things that gives Barbara much joy lately now that Cedric is gone?
3. What class does Cedric hope will teach him the thinking and writing skills he needs?
4. What class is Cedric observing in his field work?
5. Who teaches History of Education?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Cedric return to Ballou over Christmas break?
2. What are Cedric and Rob fighting about in May?
3. Describe Thanksgiving dinner at Dr. Korb's home.
4. What do Zayd Dohrn's parents do in the 1960s?
5. Why are Rob and Cedric getting along better in February?
6. Why does Cedric decide to take five classes second semester?
7. In Chapter 10, why do Rob and Cedric change the music rules?
8. How does affirmative action help and hinder minority students when they want to attend college?
9. How is Barbara doing in February?
10. How does Slater Junior High School compare to schools Cedric has attended?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)