|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rob get that helps with the music problem in the dorm room?
(a) A different television set.
(b) A new stereo.
(c) $100 earphones.
(d) Noise cancelling earplugs.
2. Who is Cedric's tutor?
(a) Helen Smithson.
(b) A senior at Brown.
(c) Helaine Schupack.
(d) His faculty advisor.
3. What does Cedric do on Saturday nights the first month at college?
(b) Hang out with his roommate.
(c) Do things with Chiniqua.
(d) Go to parties.
4. Where does Cedric do fieldwork?
(a) Providence Junior High School.
(b) Jefferson Junior High School.
(c) Slater Junior High School.
(d) Brown Junior High School.
5. Who in Cedric's dorm also likes hip-hip music?
(a) Rob Burton.
(b) Sonya Garza.
(c) Phillip Arden.
(d) Zayd Dohrn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the peer counselor Cedric goes to see when he and Rob blast each other with music?
2. Who gives a concert at Brown on the final blowout weekend?
3. What class does Cedric hope will teach him the thinking and writing skills he needs?
4. What does Cedric have at home for Thanksgiving?
5. How is Cedric getting his belongings back home after the first year of college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the mid-term Calculus test that Cedric takes.
2. Why does Cedric decide to take five classes second semester?
3. What advice does the Psychology teacher give Cedric?
4. Why does Cedric return to Ballou over Christmas break?
5. How does Cedric pay for incidentals at college?
6. What causes Cedric to go talk to Rachel Edy, a peer counselor?
7. What are Cedric and Rob fighting about in May?
8. Why does Cedric write a poem instead of a paper for Wakefield's class?
9. Describe Thanksgiving dinner at Dr. Korb's home.
10. How does Slater Junior High School compare to schools Cedric has attended?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)