|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Phillip Arden's father get to Brown for parent's weekend?
(a) Flew in on his Lear jet.
(b) Drove his Lexus.
(c) Drove his Mercedes.
(d) Commercial airline.
2. What does Bishop Long do on Cedric's first Sunday home at Christmas?
(a) Has Cedric and his mother over for dinner.
(b) Asks him to sing.
(c) Calls him on stage and asks questions about college.
(d) Asks Cedric to teach a Sunday School class.
3. What will Zayd do over Thanksgiving?
(a) Go to Europe.
(b) Go to California.
(c) Stay at Brown.
(d) Go hunting with his grandfather.
4. What verse does Cedric remember in Calculus 10 class?
(a) Proverbs 28:24.
(b) John 3:16.
(c) Matthew 3:10
(d) Revelation 2:10.
5. What does Cedric do on Saturday nights the first month at college?
(a) Do things with Chiniqua.
(c) Hang out with his roommate.
(d) Go to parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cedric do when he goes to a party with Chiniqua at Harambee House for the first time?
2. Who is the first speaker on Alumni day?
3. What does Zayd not like his mother to do in front of other people?
4. Why is Cedric attending Alumni Day at Ballou?
5. What does Cedric have to do to pass Psychology?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Cedric and Rob come to an agreement about music in their dorm room?
2. Why is Chapter 9 titled "Bill Payers on Parade?"
3. Why are Rob and Cedric getting along better in February?
4. What causes Cedric to go talk to Rachel Edy, a peer counselor?
5. How will things change for Cedric second semester?
6. Why do Zayd and Cedric become friends again?
7. In Chapter 10, why do Rob and Cedric change the music rules?
8. Why does Cedric write a poem instead of a paper for Wakefield's class?
9. What do Zayd Dohrn's parents do in the 1960s?
10. What happens several days after Cedric comes home for the summer?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)