|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to speak to the students at the assembly in the first chapter?
(a) Mayor Rudy Giuliani
(b) Mayor Marion Barry.
(c) Mayor Matthew Barron.
(d) Mayor David Andrews.
2. Where does Cedric decide to apply to college?
3. Why does Cedric's mother not want him to wear a leather jacket?
(a) Kids have been killed over leather jackets.
(b) She does not think it is appropriate for school.
(c) She only wants him to wear it at church.
(d) The jacket belongs to Cedric's father.
4. Which classmate of Cedric's is killed in a robbery at McDonalds?
(a) James Davis.
(b) Phillip Atkins.
(c) Lawan Foster.
(d) Marvin Peay.
5. What score does Cedric get on the Preliminary Scholastic Aptitude Test?
(a) 50 out of 160.
(b) 75 out of 160.
(c) 125 out of 160.
(d) 155 out of 160.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Barbara have to turn around and go back to the campus?
2. Why does Cedric have to buy a bathing suit while at M.I.T.?
3. How many points does Cedric raise his SAT score when he takes it again?
4. In the first chapter, what happens as Cedric waits at the bus stop?
5. What grade upsets Cedric his senior year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cedric's roommate? What is his background?
2. What does Barbara do when Cedric turned two?
3. What is school like for students who excel academically at Ballou Senior High?
4. Why is Cedric Gilliam on the run?
5. Who is Cedric's benefactor and how do they meet?
6. What is Barbara Jennings' financial situation?
7. After eight months, why does Cedric Gilliam lose his work release job?
8. Why are there few athletes at Ballou Senior High?
9. Why is the college prep class the cruelest class offered at Ballou?
10. What are Barbara's early years like?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)