|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will a woman from church be honored with a queen-for-a-day ceremony?
(a) Because she helped run a successful bazaar.
(b) Because she helped run a successful bake sale.
(c) Because she brought the most visitors to church.
(d) Because she raised the most money for the church.
2. What is Cedric searching for right before he leaves for college?
(a) His leather jacket.
(b) His remote control for the television.
(c) His CD player.
(d) His calculator.
3. What classes offer Cedric some competition in high school?
(a) English and history.
(b) Math and science.
(c) English and science.
(d) Computer Science and language arts.
4. Who is Cedric's benefactor?
(a) Bishop Long.
(b) Justice Clarence Thomas.
(c) Dr. Donald Korb.
(d) Mayor Marion Barry.
5. Who receives as many awards as Cedric does?
(a) LaTisha Williams.
(b) LaCountiss Spinner.
(c) James Davis.
(d) Phillip Atkins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other students do after Cedric's talk with Trilling?
2. Where does Cedric go to junior high?
3. What do Cedric and his mother sing as they drive into Providence?
4. What verse does Mr. Taylor quote to Cedric?
5. What does Cedric do for his eighteenth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is school like for students who excel academically at Ballou Senior High?
2. Why has Bishop Long been criticized for his role at Scripture Cathedral?
3. Why does Cedric arrive at school by 6:30 a.m. most mornings?
4. How do Cedric's SAT scores compare to the other students at the M.I.T. program?
5. How do Cedric and Rob spend their first afternoon together?
6. What are some things that have happened lately at the beginning of the book that indicate Ballou Senior High is a troubled and violent school?
7. After eight months, why does Cedric Gilliam lose his work release job?
8. Why is the college prep class the cruelest class offered at Ballou?
9. Who is Cedric's roommate? What is his background?
10. What does Barbara do when Cedric turned two?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)