|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a new addition at Ballou the fall of 1995?
(a) Security guards in every classroom.
(b) Police officers in the halls.
(c) Armed security guards.
(d) Metal detector.
2. How does Cedric's mother travel to Providence for parent's weekend?
(a) Rides with another parent.
(b) Rents a car.
(c) By train.
(d) By bus.
3. Who teaches History of Education?
(a) Professor Andrew Phillips.
(b) Professor Thomas Dobson.
(c) Professor David Abernathy.
(d) Professor Tom James.
4. Who sends Cedric $200 a month?
(a) His mother.
(b) Clarence Thomas.
(c) The I Have a Dream Foundation.
(d) Dr. Korb.
5. What teacher from Cedric's high school comes up to Brown?
(a) Ms. Nelson.
(b) Mr. Taylor.
(c) Dr. Jones.
(d) Mr. Washington.
6. In May, what started another fight between Cedric and Rob?
(a) Rob not cleaning the sink after shaving.
(b) Cedric playing his television too loudly.
(c) Rob not following the music rules.
(d) Cedric not following the music rules.
7. How is LaTisha doing at college?
(a) She is getting all As.
(b) She has dropped out.
(c) She is transferring to a better school.
(d) She is struggling and will only take two classes next semester.
8. Where does Chiniqua return shoes?
(a) Eastside Market.
(b) Sam Goody's.
(c) The mall.
(d) Popular Club.
9. What is the only class Cedric is not worried about at mid-term?
(a) Discrete Math.
10. What does Cedric smell everywhere at Ballou on Alumni Day?
(d) Body odor.
11. Where do Rob and his parents go for parent's weekend?
(a) Mountain climbing.
(b) To Boston.
(c) Cape Cod.
(d) A hotel in town.
12. What will Rob do sophomore year?
(a) Transfer to another college.
(b) Move Harambee.
(c) Be a peer counselor in the freshman dorms.
(d) Room with Cedric again.
13. How does Cedric get a special visit with his father in prison?
(a) Barbara arranges the visit.
(b) Neddy arranges the visit.
(c) He calls and talks to someone in the warden's office.
(d) His father is ill.
14. What does Cedric have at home for Thanksgiving?
(a) A meal at the church.
(b) A chicken, potato salad, and macaroni and cheese.
(c) Whatever his mother can afford.
(d) Turkey and all the fixings.
15. Who is the girl in Cedric's Richard Wright study group?
(a) Judy Holliday.
(b) Maura Wooley.
(c) Chiniqua Milligan.
(d) Sonya Garza.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cedric need a request form signed by Professor James?
2. Where is Cedric Gilliam going the day after Cedric's visit?
3. Where does Cedric go after Thanksgiving dinner?
4. What does Cedric watch on television the night of Rob's birthday party?
5. Why is Larry Wakeford teaching at Brown?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)