|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the black students at Brown usually hang out?
(a) Harambee House.
(b) Miller Hall.
(c) Emery Hall.
(d) Andrews Hall.
2. Who gets control of the music in Cedric's dorm room?
(a) The person who is alone in the room.
(b) Cedric, because it is his CD player.
(c) Depends on the day of the week.
(d) The person who wins an arm wrestling match.
3. What does Rob get that helps with the music problem in the dorm room?
(a) $100 earphones.
(b) A different television set.
(c) A new stereo.
(d) Noise cancelling earplugs.
4. What does Cedric write for his mid-term paper in Wakeford's class?
(a) A poem.
(b) A two-page term paper.
(c) A fifty-page term paper.
(d) A twelve-page term paper.
5. Why is Barbara not evicted after Cedric comes home for the summer?
(a) Neddy pays the rent.
(b) A minister from church pays the rent.
(c) Cedric pays the rent.
(d) The landlord decides to give Barbara one more extension.
6. Why does Rob invite Cedric to at the Cafe Paragon?
(a) Rob's nineteenth birthday get together.
(b) An impromptu get together.
(c) A study session.
(d) Zayd's birthday party.
7. How much money does Barbara owe in back rent when Cedric comes home for the summer?
8. Where do Zayd and Cedric go shopping after they become friends again in "A Place Up Ahead"?
(a) Eastside Market.
(b) Popular Club.
(c) The mall.
(d) Sam Goody's.
9. What class is Cedric observing in his field work?
(a) Seventh-grade mathematics.
(b) Eighth-grade mathematics.
(c) Fourth-grade mathematics.
(d) Sixth-grade mathematics.
10. What is coming for Barbara as March approaches?
(a) Another trip to Providence.
(b) A new boyfriend.
(d) A new job.
11. Who is Cedric's tutor?
(a) Helaine Schupack.
(b) His faculty advisor.
(c) Helen Smithson.
(d) A senior at Brown.
12. What does Cedric watch on television the night of Rob's birthday party?
(a) Country Music Awards.
(b) A movie.
(c) Grammy Awards.
(d) Brady Bunch.
13. Why do minority students not seek out counseling or tutoring?
(a) Do not realize it is available.
(b) It costs extra.
(c) Afraid doing so will reveal a second-class status.
14. What is Cedric's first class second semester?
(b) Computer Science.
(d) Elementary Psychology.
15. Where do Rob and his parents go for parent's weekend?
(a) A hotel in town.
(b) Cape Cod.
(c) To Boston.
(d) Mountain climbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the teacher of the class Cedric observes?
2. What does Cedric have to do to pass Psychology?
3. Where do Cedric and his family eat dinner during parents' weekend?
4. Why does Sherene tell Cedric Gilliam to get out of her apartment?
5. Who arranges for Cedric to have a tutor?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)