|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Zayd and Cedric go shopping after they become friends again in "A Place Up Ahead"?
(a) Popular Club.
(b) The mall.
(c) Sam Goody's.
(d) Eastside Market.
2. What is one of the few things that gives Barbara much joy lately now that Cedric is gone?
(a) Being with her family.
(c) A man she is dating.
3. Why do minority students not seek out counseling or tutoring?
(a) It costs extra.
(b) Afraid doing so will reveal a second-class status.
(c) Do not realize it is available.
4. Who introduces themselves to Barbara and Neddy at parents' weekend?
(a) Chiniqua's parents.
(b) The Dohrns.
(c) Sonya's parents.
(d) Rob's parents.
5. How does Phillip Arden's father get to Brown for parent's weekend?
(a) Drove his Lexus.
(b) Flew in on his Lear jet.
(c) Drove his Mercedes.
(d) Commercial airline.
6. What does Zayd write during first semester?
(a) A racy script for playwriting class.
(b) A short story.
(c) A one-act play.
(d) A comedy.
7. After Cedric finishes his Alumni Day speech, what does he see on a step?
(a) Dried blood.
(d) Students making out.
8. What verse does Cedric remember in Calculus 10 class?
(a) John 3:16.
(b) Proverbs 28:24.
(c) Revelation 2:10.
(d) Matthew 3:10
9. One October evening, why does Rob yell at Cedric?
(a) Cedric will not turn off his music.
(b) Cedric threw some of his stuff away.
(c) Cedric forgets to pass on a phone message.
(d) Cedric made a snide comment.
10. What does Cedric do on Saturday nights the first month at college?
(b) Hang out with his roommate.
(c) Do things with Chiniqua.
(d) Go to parties.
11. What is an issue between Cedric and Rob in Chapter 8?
(c) Having girls in the room.
(d) Late night parties.
12. How does Cedric get a special visit with his father in prison?
(a) He calls and talks to someone in the warden's office.
(b) Neddy arranges the visit.
(c) Barbara arranges the visit.
(d) His father is ill.
13. Who in Cedric's dorm also likes hip-hip music?
(a) Rob Burton.
(b) Phillip Arden.
(c) Sonya Garza.
(d) Zayd Dohrn.
14. What class does Cedric hope will teach him the thinking and writing skills he needs?
(b) Richard Wright.
(c) History of Education.
15. What do students whose parents cannot come for parents' weekend do?
(a) Mope around the campus.
(b) Spend time with their faculty advisor.
(c) Go to lunch or dinner with a roommate's family.
(d) Spend time with a professor and his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is LaTisha doing at college?
2. Who is the first speaker on Alumni day?
3. Who besides Cedric attends Alumni Day?
4. What will Rob do sophomore year?
5. Who is Cedric's tutor?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)