|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Cedric learn at Jefferson compared to Ballou?
(a) He took more advanced classes there.
(b) He learned more in a year there than two or three at Ballou.
(c) He learns about the same at Jefferson as at Ballou.
(d) He learned about half as much at Jefferson as at Ballou.
2. What is the last thing Barbara hands Cedric before she starts to drive back home?
(a) A shirt.
(b) His cap.
(c) A book.
(d) His deodorant.
3. Who is the leader of these fifteen hundred men?
(a) Louis Farrakhan.
(b) Jesse Jackson.
(c) Clarence Thomas.
(d) Malcolm X.
4. Which classmate of Cedric's is killed in a robbery at McDonalds?
(a) James Davis.
(b) Marvin Peay.
(c) Phillip Atkins.
(d) Lawan Foster.
5. Why does Cedric's mother not want him to wear a leather jacket?
(a) She only wants him to wear it at church.
(b) She does not think it is appropriate for school.
(c) The jacket belongs to Cedric's father.
(d) Kids have been killed over leather jackets.
6. Where does Cedric Gilliam want to take Cedric the summer after graduation?
(a) To dinner.
(b) Budweiser Concert Series.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To a ball game.
7. What is Cedric's summer job before college?
(a) Working at McDonalds.
(b) Cleaning the high school.
(c) An internship at Price Waterhouse Accounting.
(d) He does not have a summer job
8. Who runs the M.I.T. program?
(a) Bill Ramsey.
(b) Brian Rowling.
(c) Leon Trilling.
(d) Bob Roudabush.
9. Why does Barbara have to turn around and go back to the campus?
(a) She forgot to tell him something.
(b) She forgot to give Cedric money.
(c) She found his calculator.
(d) He forgot his jacket.
10. What advanced level class is Cedric taking at M.I.T.?
(b) Design Workshop.
11. When does Cedric first meet his father?
(a) When he was two.
(b) When he was seven.
(c) When he was in high school.
(d) When he was in junior high.
12. With whom does Cedric usually eat lunch?
(a) LaTisha Williams.
(b) Phillip Atkins.
(c) Joanne Nelson.
(d) LaCountiss Spinner.
13. Who is Cedric's academic advisor in college?
(a) Professor Riddley Smith.
(b) Professor Brian Davidson.
(c) Professor Robert Pelcovits.
(d) Professor Tom James.
14. What do Rob's parents do for a living?
(a) They run a bookstore.
(b) They are college professors.
(c) They own a restaurant.
(d) They are doctors.
15. Why are most of the classes that Cedric takes at Ballou not very challenging?
(a) Passing grades are awarded simply for coming to class.
(b) The teachers are not well versed in their subjects.
(c) The school board will not purchase new textbooks.
(d) The students are so rowdy, the teachers cannot teach.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Cedric not been eating in the cafeteria during orientation?
2. Where does Cedric go to elementary school?
3. Which student at M.I.T. does Cedric ask to help him?
4. Who comes to speak to the students at the assembly in the first chapter?
5. How do Cedric's SAT scores compare to the other students at M.I.T.?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)