|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cedric find waiting at home after a long night at church?
(a) Acceptance to the M.I.T. summer program.
(b) His two sisters.
(c) His father.
(d) A check to buy books.
2. Why does Barbara have to turn around and go back to the campus?
(a) He forgot his jacket.
(b) She forgot to tell him something.
(c) She found his calculator.
(d) She forgot to give Cedric money.
3. What do Rob's parents do for a living?
(a) They are college professors.
(b) They run a bookstore.
(c) They are doctors.
(d) They own a restaurant.
4. Who is the leader of these fifteen hundred men?
(a) Clarence Thomas.
(b) Louis Farrakhan.
(c) Jesse Jackson.
(d) Malcolm X.
5. Who is Cedric's college roommate?
(a) David Brown.
(b) Stephen White.
(c) Phillip Atkins.
(d) Rob Burton.
6. For what career is Phillip Atkins tagged by teachers?
(a) Mail room clerk.
(d) Rap singer.
7. Who is Cedric's academic advisor in college?
(a) Professor Brian Davidson.
(b) Professor Riddley Smith.
(c) Professor Robert Pelcovits.
(d) Professor Tom James.
8. Why does Cedric give a speech at graduation?
(a) He is valedictorian.
(b) He is class president.
(c) He is salutatorian.
(d) He is asked to give the welcome speech.
9. Where is Phillip Atkins working?
(a) Working in a mailroom.
(b) Working at Burger King.
(c) Working at Price Waterhouse.
(d) Working at McDonalds.
10. How does Bishop Long end the church service on Cedric's last Sunday?
(a) With a gospel song.
(b) With a special song sung by the choir.
(c) With an offering.
(d) With communion.
11. What does Cedric do at church one day when singing in the choir?
(a) Stepped up to sing a solo.
(b) Made fun of the choir director.
(c) Forgot to spit out his gum.
(d) Forgot his choir robe.
12. What verse does Mr. Taylor quote to Cedric?
(a) Romans 8:28.
(b) John 3:16.
(c) Philippians 4:13.
(d) Hebrews 11:1.
13. Who asks to see Cedric after reading a story about him in the "Wall Street Journal"?
(a) Justice Clarence Thomas.
(b) The principal at Ballou.
(c) Bishop Long.
(d) President Bush.
14. In the first chapter, what happens as Cedric waits at the bus stop?
(a) A boy is knifed.
(b) Cedric is pushed down and his books torn.
(c) A boy grabs another boy and puts a pistol to his head.
(d) A student is arrested for dealing drugs.
15. Where does Cedric Gilliam want to take Cedric the summer after graduation?
(a) To a ball game.
(b) Budweiser Concert Series.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cedric decide to apply to college?
2. What is the warm up game for the diversity workshop at college?
3. Why does Cedric's father beat him?
4. What do the M.I.T. kids give Cedric for his birthday?
5. Where does Cedric's mother work?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)