|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Let the Colors Run.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Larry Wakeford teaching at Brown?
(a) He is a Brown graduate.
(b) He teaches for a year at a time at various Ivy League colleges.
(c) Brown offers three-year stints to high school teachers.
(d) He recently received his doctorate degree.
2. What is Cedric's summer job before college?
(a) An internship at Price Waterhouse Accounting.
(b) Working at McDonalds.
(c) Cleaning the high school.
(d) He does not have a summer job
3. What does Cedric decide after speaking at Alumni Day?
(a) That he will never come back.
(b) That he will not be back until he graduates from college.
(c) That he will be back when he has earned a doctorate degree.
(d) That he will be back again next year.
4. Why does Cedric's mother not want him to wear a leather jacket?
(a) She only wants him to wear it at church.
(b) Kids have been killed over leather jackets.
(c) The jacket belongs to Cedric's father.
(d) She does not think it is appropriate for school.
5. Why are there very few athletes at Ballou?
(a) Most of the students are on drugs.
(b) The 2.0 required grade point average is too high for most students.
(c) The 2.75 required grade point average is too high for most students.
(d) Most students do not want to work that hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks to see Cedric after reading a story about him in the "Wall Street Journal"?
2. Who sends Cedric $200 a month?
3. Who is the first speaker on Alumni day?
4. Who takes Cedric's calculator in math class?
5. Who besides Cedric attends Alumni Day?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)