|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Rise and Shine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what summer program does Cedric apply?
(a) A science seminar at Stanford.
(b) A summer session at Brown University.
(c) An internship at the Supreme Court.
(d) A six-week program at M.I.T.
2. What does Cedric find waiting at home after a long night at church?
(a) His two sisters.
(b) A check to buy books.
(c) Acceptance to the M.I.T. summer program.
(d) His father.
3. Why does Cedric avoid Delante "Head" Coleman?
(a) He once put a gun to Cedric's head.
(b) He knifed Cedric once.
(c) He and his crew enjoy bothering honor students.
(d) He always tries to sell drugs to Cedric.
4. In the first chapter, what happens as Cedric waits at the bus stop?
(a) A boy grabs another boy and puts a pistol to his head.
(b) Cedric is pushed down and his books torn.
(c) A boy is knifed.
(d) A student is arrested for dealing drugs.
5. What does Cedric do at church one day when singing in the choir?
(a) Made fun of the choir director.
(b) Stepped up to sing a solo.
(c) Forgot to spit out his gum.
(d) Forgot his choir robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What verse does Mr. Taylor quote to Cedric?
2. What is the amazing thing mentioned by the teacher in SAT-PREP class?
3. What teacher mentors Cedric throughout his high school career?
4. What is the name of the church Barbara and Cedric attend?
5. What two disappointments does Cedric experience during eighth grade?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)