|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Place Up Ahead.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sherene tell Cedric Gilliam to get out of her apartment?
(a) He escaped from prison.
(b) The U.S. marshals are looking for him.
(c) He will not help pay bills.
(d) He is doing drugs.
2. Where will Cedric eat Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) At home.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) At Dr. Korb's home.
(d) At a professor's home.
3. What do students whose parents cannot come for parents' weekend do?
(a) Spend time with their faculty advisor.
(b) Mope around the campus.
(c) Go to lunch or dinner with a roommate's family.
(d) Spend time with a professor and his family.
4. Why does Cedric's mother refuse to buy him a pair of extra-baggy khaki-colored pants?
(a) She thinks he should buy a pair of black pants.
(b) She does not have the money.
(c) She says that the pants symbolize bad things.
(d) They remind her of Cedric's father.
5. Where does Trilling suggest Cedric apply to college?
(a) Harvard or Brown.
(b) Stanford or Florida State University.
(c) Howard University or University of Maryland.
(d) M.I.T. or Harvard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cedric's mother travel to Providence for parent's weekend?
2. Why do minority students not seek out counseling or tutoring?
3. What grade upsets Cedric his senior year?
4. How many white students attend Ballou?
5. Where does LaTisha plan to go to college?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)