Something To Push Against
1. Who is the principal at Ballou Senior High?
(a) Richard Washington.
(b) Andrew Taylor.
(c) Cedric Jennings.
(d) Marion Barry.
2. Who comes to speak to the students at the assembly in the first chapter?
(a) Mayor Rudy Giuliani
(b) Mayor Matthew Barron.
(c) Mayor Marion Barry.
(d) Mayor David Andrews.
3. How many white students attend Ballou?
4. Why are there very few athletes at Ballou?
(a) Most of the students are on drugs.
(b) The 2.0 required grade point average is too high for most students.
(c) Most students do not want to work that hard.
(d) The 2.75 required grade point average is too high for most students.
5. What happens to students listed on the "Wall of Honor?"
(a) They get special job internships.
(b) They are honored by other students.
(c) They become possible targets of violence.
(d) They go on special field trips.
6. Where does Cedric hide during the assembly?
(a) He went home.
(b) A deserted chemistry classroom.
(c) In the principal's office.
(d) In the locker room.
This section contains 4,540 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)