|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: "Wine in Greece and Rome".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the approximate measurement of a sila from Ancient Mesopotamia?
(a) One gallon.
(b) One liter.
(c) Three liters.
(d) Two liters.
2. How many people are officially recorded as having attended the feast for King Ashurnasirpal II of Assyria in Part 2: "Wine in Greece and Rome"?
3. Who was the author of Gastronomia?
4. What ingredient used by Mesopotamian brewers refers to beer-bread?
5. What Roman satirist of the early second century CE is quoted in Part 2: "Wine in Greece and Rome"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the god of wine in Greek mythology?
2. Who united the Greeks and defeated Persia in the fourth century BCE?
3. When did the fall of Carthage occur at the end of the Third Punic War?
4. Approximately when did anatomically modern humans, or Homo sapiens sapiens emerge in Africa?
5. When did Rome sack the Greek colony of Syracuse?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)