|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: "Tea and the British Empire".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Roman satirist of the early second century CE is quoted in Part 2: "Wine in Greece and Rome"?
2. When did Alexander the Great die from a mysterious illness?
(a) 323 BCE.
(b) 629 BCE.
(c) 159 BCE.
(d) 235 BCE.
3. When did the fall of Carthage occur at the end of the Third Punic War?
(a) 368 BCE.
(b) 146 BCE.
(c) 212 BCE.
(d) 120 BCE.
4. Where did Noah plant the first vineyard after being saved by the flood, according to the Bible?
(a) Mount Everest.
(b) Mount Shasta.
(c) Mount Kilimanjaro.
(d) Mount Ararat.
5. What ship did John Winthrop take to America in 1628?
(a) The Mary.
(b) The Elizabeth.
(c) The Lorry.
(d) The Arbella.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1557, the Chinese authorities allowed the Portuguese to establish a trading post on what tiny peninsula in the Canton estuary?
2. The earliest physical evidence of wine production comes from red residue in a pottery jar that has been dated to approximately what year?
3. When did Englishman Richart Ligon catch his first glimpse of the Caribbean island of Barbados?
4. When was the inclusion of lemon or lime juice made compulsory in the creation of grog?
5. When did the Revolutionary War begin?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)