|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what Cape had the expedition rounded when they saw the porpoises?
2. What does Lawrence's daughter feed him?
3. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
4. How long do Charlie and the crew have to wait after Matt's accident for the copter to come?
5. At what altitude was the city of Arghuri?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the storyline based upon of the movie Charlie is acting in?
2. What were the thoughts of the fifteen who remained on the raft when they saw a butterfly?
3. Why do Charlie and the crew have to hike into the jungle?
4. When a violent storm blew up while Jonah was traveling by ship, how did the mariners decide that Jonah was the cause of the storm?
5. What does the the narrator wish to celebrate instead of 1492 and why?
6. Why was it decided after the seventh day that the sick should be killed?
7. What is different about the way the couple sleeps in "Parenthesis"?
8. What did Colonel Fergusson take Amanda to see in 1821?
9. Who finally agreed to take passengers from the St. Louis?
10. What does the eighteen-year-old expect when he takes a job as a prep-school master?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Wars of Religion," the habitans demand that the insects be excommunicated for their alleged crimes. Using examples from the book, discuss excommunication and whether it was or was not an appropriate punishment for the insects.
Essay Topic 2
In "Shipwreck," there were three mutinies after the wreck of the Medusa. Discuss and compare the three mutinies using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
In "The Survivor," someone is using fabulation. Using examples from the book, take a position and argue whether Katherine is using fabulation or the doctor is using fabulation.
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)