|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Chassenee defend before the ecclesiastical court of Autun?
2. How long is the tour scheduled for that Franklin Hughes is guest lecturer?
3. What does Katherine call the cat that she finds on the roof of a car?
4. What is the name of Katherine's latest boyfriend?
5. How many vessels were in the flotilla they called the ark?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Bishop's throne collapse?
2. Why does Katherine believe it is it more difficult for castaways to be rescued than it used to be?
3. What does Franklin do after the Arabs will not allow a middle-aged woman to use the bathroom?
4. How was the hold of the Ark mucked out?
5. How did the narrator and his species get off the ark?
6. Why did the jurist for the insects say that the court did not have the jurisdiction to try the defendants?
7. How did the narrator describe Noah?
8. Where does Kathleen believe she is and what does she believe she doing at the end of the story?
9. What does Franklin Hughes look like?
10. Why did the habitans jurist say that the woodworm was not on the Ark?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Barnes has a varied cast of characters in his books, some of which have very little information revealed about them. Discuss whether Barnes has more round or flat characters in the novel. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In "The Mountain," the Colonel is listening to the ticking sound of a beetle. The Colonel and his daughter have different interpretations for the sounds that the beetle is making. Compare and contrast how the Colonel and his daughter interpret the sounds the beetle makes.
Essay Topic 3
In "Shipwreck," there were three mutinies after the wreck of the Medusa. Discuss and compare the three mutinies using examples from the book.
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)