|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Katherine's cat?
2. How many members of the American Special Forces manage to free the cruise ship passengers.
3. When was the case in Chapter 3 written as determined by the handwriting?
4. How old is Franklin?
5. What was the name of the son that Ham and his wife had after the Landing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did most animals do when they heard Noah's offer of half-board?
2. When Kathleen is talking to a man in her nightmare, what does she say about herself?
3. Why does Katherine believe it is it more difficult for castaways to be rescued than it used to be?
4. How did the narrator and his species get off the ark?
5. Why does Katherine give up eating meat after Chernobyl?
6. Why did the jurist for the insects believe that the church people were responsible for their troubles?
7. How was the hold of the Ark mucked out?
8. What happened when the Bishop came to Saint-Michel for his annual pilgrimage?
9. Why did the jurist for the insects say that the court did not have the jurisdiction to try the defendants?
10. Who was Bartholome Chassenee?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "The Survivor" Katherine is caught between two realities. Using examples from the book, argue whether reality is the scenario where Katherine is traveling on a boat, finds an island, and Linda has kittens or that Katherine's reality is the world that she calls her "nightmares."
Essay Topic 2
The author alters some historical facts for the story line in some of the chapters. Discuss creative license and how the author uses it to advance plot.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship Katherine has with Greg and how it affects her mental state.
This section contains 861 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)