|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did the narrator say that the waters were upon the earth?
2. In what diocese did the habitans live?
3. Who cleaned the stables of Augeas?
4. How much radiation did the government decide could be in meat and yet still be safe to eat?
5. How long will the passengers be allowed to talk with another each hour after the terrorists arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the habitans jurist say that the woodworm was not on the Ark?
2. Describe Franklin's passport.
3. How did the narrator and his species get on board?
4. What does the leader of the Arabs want Franklin to do at three o'clock?
5. Why did the Bishop's throne collapse?
6. Who really brought back an olive leaf?
7. Why did the jurist for the insects say that the court did not have the jurisdiction to try the defendants?
8. When Kathleen is talking to a man in her nightmare, what does she say about herself?
9. How did Tricia meet Franklin and what is their relationship?
10. What problems did Eric Dooley cause Katherine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Barnes has a varied cast of characters in his books, some of which have very little information revealed about them. Discuss whether Barnes has more round or flat characters in the novel. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In "The Stowaway," the narrator states that many species were lost forever after the flood. Discuss the reasons why certain species became extinct after the flood.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, Barnes makes reference to the woodworm. Discuss how the woodworm is portrayed in the novel.
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)