|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
2. How old was Amanda in 1821?
3. How old was James Bartley when he was swallowed by a whale?
4. How many days and nights was Jonah inside the whale?
5. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
(a) Egyptian coast.
(d) Saharan coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charlie's agent?
2. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
3. When did the liner St. Louis leave Hamburg, Germany?
4. Where was the city located that Jonah headed to after God asked him to preach?
5. How many passengers were on board the St. Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it decided after the seventh day that the sick should be killed?
2. How would science explain the halo of cloud that appears around Mount Ararat?
3. Describe the Monastery of Saint James.
4. Who finally agreed to take passengers from the St. Louis?
5. What does the the narrator wish to celebrate instead of 1492 and why?
6. How did the Armenian priest defend himself when Amanda doubted that the amulet he offered to sell was from the ark?
7. What is different about the way the couple sleeps in "Parenthesis"?
8. What effects did James Bartley suffer from being swallowed by a whale?
9. What does Charlie learn about the words one of the Indians has been teaching him?
10. What is the storyline based upon of the movie Charlie is acting in?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)