|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Charlie recognized at the airport in Caracas?
(a) Because of a game show he had hosted.
(b) Because of a soap opera he acted in.
(c) Because of a movie he filmed.
(d) Because of a song he recorded.
2. Where did Jonah go after God told him to go preach?
3. How many passengers were on board the St. Louis?
4. Where did Amanda and Miss Logan see a peasant woman placing a tooth in the crevice of a church door?
5. How long have Charlie and Pippa been together?
(a) 5 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 6 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what altitude was the city of Arghuri?
2. Where was the city located that Jonah headed to after God asked him to preach?
3. How far were Amanda and Miss Logan from the peak when they encountered the first pocket of snow?
4. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
5. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the woman's sleep sometimes broken and how does this affect the man in "Parenthesis"?
2. Why was it decided after the seventh day that the sick should be killed?
3. How did the Armenian priest defend himself when Amanda doubted that the amulet he offered to sell was from the ark?
4. What plan was devised when the frigate struck a reef at high tide?
5. What did Colonel Fergusson take Amanda to see in 1821?
6. Where was Arghuri and why did Amanda wish to go there?
7. Describe the Monastery of Saint James.
8. What does the eighteen-year-old expect when he takes a job as a prep-school master?
9. What is different about the way the couple sleeps in "Parenthesis"?
10. Who finally agreed to take passengers from the St. Louis?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)