|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the captain of the expedition to Senegal?
(a) Jacques Barron.
(b) William Lacheur.
(c) Hugues Duroy de Chaumareys.
(d) Pierre Surcouf Duroy.
2. Where did Jonah go after God told him to go preach?
3. What did Amanda give as payment for a place to stay in Arghuri?
(b) Gold coin.
(c) Silver coin.
4. How far were Amanda and Miss Logan from the peak when they encountered the first pocket of snow?
(a) 5,000 feet.
(b) 4,000 feet.
(c) 2,000 feet.
(d) 3,000 feet.
5. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people sailed on the expedition?
2. How old is Lawrence Beesley?
3. What newspaper does Charlie want to read when he gets to Caracas?
4. At what altitude was the city of Arghuri?
5. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it decided after the seventh day that the sick should be killed?
2. Describe the Monastery of Saint James.
3. What does the eighteen-year-old expect when he takes a job as a prep-school master?
4. How were the survivors on the raft finally rescued?
5. What is the storyline based upon of the movie Charlie is acting in?
6. What happens on Thursday when the crew are filming?
7. Describe the expedition to Senegal.
8. What effects did James Bartley suffer from being swallowed by a whale?
9. How did the Armenian priest defend himself when Amanda doubted that the amulet he offered to sell was from the ark?
10. What does the the narrator wish to celebrate instead of 1492 and why?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)