|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amanda give as payment for a place to stay in Arghuri?
(a) Gold coin.
(d) Silver coin.
2. What is Matt's last name?
3. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
4. When did the liner St. Louis leave Hamburg, Germany?
(a) May 13, 1939.
(b) July 31, 1939.
(c) April 5, 1939.
(d) June 17, 1939.
5. How old is Lawrence Beesley?
Short Answer Questions
1. After how many days did some of the survivors who stayed on the frigate decide to strike out on a raft?
2. Where did Amanda and Miss Logan see a peasant woman placing a tooth in the crevice of a church door?
3. What newspaper does Charlie want to read when he gets to Caracas?
4. How many days and nights was Jonah inside the whale?
5. Who was the ma who was rumored to make it to the top of Mount Ararat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Arghuri and why did Amanda wish to go there?
2. When a violent storm blew up while Jonah was traveling by ship, how did the mariners decide that Jonah was the cause of the storm?
3. Why do Charlie and the crew have to hike into the jungle?
4. What were the thoughts of the fifteen who remained on the raft when they saw a butterfly?
5. How would science explain the halo of cloud that appears around Mount Ararat?
6. Why was it decided after the seventh day that the sick should be killed?
7. What does Charlie learn about the words one of the Indians has been teaching him?
8. What happens on Thursday when the crew are filming?
9. What is different about the way the couple sleeps in "Parenthesis"?
10. What did Colonel Fergusson take Amanda to see in 1821?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)