|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
2. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
3. Who found the raft that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
4. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
(a) August 8, 1816.
(b) September 21, 1816.
(c) July 10, 1816.
(d) June 17, 1816.
5. How many people refused to leave the frigate and transfer to the raft?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Gericault's painting?
2. What lifeboat did Lawrence escape in when he was on the Titanic?
3. What language did the priest speak that the Kurd led Miss Logan to after they climbed down Mount Ararat?
4. How many passengers were allowed to disembark in Cuba?
5. How fast were the ships traveling in Chapter 5 when they saw the porpoises?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Amanda say about the practice of placing teeth in a crevice of the door of a church?
2. Why do Charlie and the crew have to hike into the jungle?
3. How would science explain the halo of cloud that appears around Mount Ararat?
4. What is different about the way the couple sleeps in "Parenthesis"?
5. Describe the expedition to Senegal.
6. What plan was devised when the frigate struck a reef at high tide?
7. What does the the narrator wish to celebrate instead of 1492 and why?
8. What does Charlie learn about the words one of the Indians has been teaching him?
9. Why was it decided after the seventh day that the sick should be killed?
10. What does the eighteen-year-old expect when he takes a job as a prep-school master?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)