|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many weeks was James Bartley unconscious after being rescued from the stomach of a whale?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 days.
2. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
3. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
(c) Egyptian coast.
(d) Saharan coast.
4. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
(a) Star of the East.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Princess.
(d) West Winds.
5. How old was the cabin boy who fell through one of the fore portholes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who published Lawrence's book about the Titanic?
2. Where was the city located that Jonah headed to after God asked him to preach?
3. How long have Charlie and Pippa been together?
4. What does Lawrence's daughter feed him?
5. How much did the ox heart weigh that the narrator bought at Corrigans weigh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Colonel Fergusson take Amanda to see in 1821?
2. Why was it decided after the seventh day that the sick should be killed?
3. Where should the words "I love you," be kept and why?
4. What does Charlie learn about the words one of the Indians has been teaching him?
5. In Section II of Chapter 5, how is catastrophe turned into art?
6. What is the storyline based upon of the movie Charlie is acting in?
7. What is different about the way the couple sleeps in "Parenthesis"?
8. What were the thoughts of the fifteen who remained on the raft when they saw a butterfly?
9. Describe the Monastery of Saint James.
10. When a violent storm blew up while Jonah was traveling by ship, how did the mariners decide that Jonah was the cause of the storm?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)