|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
2. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
3. How many miles did the St. Louis travel before it docked at Antwerp?
(a) 10,500 miles.
(b) 9,000 miles.
(c) 10,000 miles.
(d) 8,500 miles.
4. How many of those left on the frigate decided to escape on a raft?
5. What is the name of the priest that Matt portrays?
6. What did an Armenian priest call Mount Ararat?
(a) Sippan Dagh.
7. How old is Lawrence Beesley?
8. Who published Lawrence's book about the Titanic?
(a) Houghton Mifflin.
(b) Harper Collins.
(d) Harper & Row.
9. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
10. How long have Charlie and Pippa been together?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 4 years.
11. Who painted "Burial of the Count of Orgaz"?
(a) El Greco.
(b) Fran Floris.
12. How many passengers were on board the St. Louis?
13. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
(a) That he was a politican and a financier.
(b) That he was the first person run down and killed by a train.
(c) That he was a novelist.
(d) That he was a poet.
14. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) The Princess.
(c) West Winds.
(d) Star of the East.
15. When did the liner St. Louis leave Hamburg, Germany?
(a) May 13, 1939.
(b) April 5, 1939.
(c) July 31, 1939.
(d) June 17, 1939.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Gericault's assistant who lived with him?
2. What was the name of Gericault's painting?
3. How old was the cabin boy who fell through one of the fore portholes?
4. How long do Charlie and the crew have to wait after Matt's accident for the copter to come?
5. How many remained on the raft after the third mutiny?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)