|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jonah go after God told him to go preach?
2. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
(a) August 8, 1816.
(b) July 10, 1816.
(c) September 21, 1816.
(d) June 17, 1816.
3. What lifeboat did Lawrence escape in when he was on the Titanic?
4. How many people refused to leave the frigate and transfer to the raft?
5. In Chapter 5, what Cape had the expedition rounded when they saw the porpoises?
(a) Cape Finisterre.
(b) Cape Roca.
(c) Cape Ministere.
(d) Cape Horn.
6. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
7. What does Lawrence's daughter feed him?
(d) Tins of baby food.
8. How many miles did the St. Louis travel before it docked at Antwerp?
(a) 10,000 miles.
(b) 10,500 miles.
(c) 9,000 miles.
(d) 8,500 miles.
9. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
(a) That he was the first person run down and killed by a train.
(b) That he was a poet.
(c) That he was a novelist.
(d) That he was a politican and a financier.
10. Who published Lawrence's book about the Titanic?
(a) Harper & Row.
(c) Harper Collins.
(d) Houghton Mifflin.
11. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
12. What is the name of Charlie's agent?
13. How old was the cabin boy who fell through one of the fore portholes?
14. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
15. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
(a) E. M. Forster.
(b) Thomas Deloney.
(c) W. H. Auden.
(d) Arnold Bennett.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the priest that Matt portrays?
2. What is Matt's last name?
3. What language did the priest speak that the Kurd led Miss Logan to after they climbed down Mount Ararat?
4. Where did Amanda and Miss Logan see a peasant woman placing a tooth in the crevice of a church door?
5. Where was Jonah supposed to preach?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)