|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was James Bartley when he was swallowed by a whale?
2. What did an Armenian priest call Mount Ararat?
(c) Sippan Dagh.
3. How many siblings did Amanda have?
4. How old was the cabin boy who fell through one of the fore portholes?
5. What newspaper does Charlie want to read when he gets to Caracas?
(a) Daily Star.
(b) Daily Telegraph.
(c) Daily Mail.
(d) Daily Express.
6. Who was the captain of the expedition to Senegal?
(a) Hugues Duroy de Chaumareys.
(b) Jacques Barron.
(c) William Lacheur.
(d) Pierre Surcouf Duroy.
7. Who found the raft that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
8. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
9. Where was the city located that Jonah headed to after God asked him to preach?
10. How far from home is the narrator's job in Part I of Chapters 7?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 3/4 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
11. How many soldiers were on the frigate?
12. Who said "The mystery of what a couple is, exactly, is almost the only true mystery left to us. . ."?
(a) Elaine Dundy.
(b) Helen Constantine.
(c) Mavis Gallant.
(d) Jennifer Lee.
13. How many people sailed on the expedition?
14. Who was Gericault's assistant who lived with him?
(a) Villard de Honnecourt.
(b) Jean Pucelle.
(c) Louis-Alexis Jamar.
(d) Ligier Richier.
15. When was the account of the Medusa published?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long do Charlie and the crew have to wait after Matt's accident for the copter to come?
2. How many passengers were allowed to disembark in Cuba?
3. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
4. What did Amanda give as payment for a place to stay in Arghuri?
5. How many passengers were on board the St. Louis?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)