|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the captain of the expedition to Senegal?
(a) Pierre Surcouf Duroy.
(b) Jacques Barron.
(c) William Lacheur.
(d) Hugues Duroy de Chaumareys.
2. When was the account of the Medusa published?
3. When did the liner St. Louis leave Hamburg, Germany?
(a) July 31, 1939.
(b) June 17, 1939.
(c) May 13, 1939.
(d) April 5, 1939.
4. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
5. What is the name of Charlie's agent?
6. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
7. What is the name of the priest that Matt portrays?
8. Who painted "Burial of the Count of Orgaz"?
(a) Fran Floris.
(d) El Greco.
9. What newspaper does Charlie want to read when he gets to Caracas?
(a) Daily Star.
(b) Daily Mail.
(c) Daily Express.
(d) Daily Telegraph.
10. What does Lawrence's daughter feed him?
(b) Tins of baby food.
11. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
12. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
(a) Saharan coast.
(d) Egyptian coast.
13. How many miles did the St. Louis travel before it docked at Antwerp?
(a) 10,000 miles.
(b) 8,500 miles.
(c) 10,500 miles.
(d) 9,000 miles.
14. Who published Lawrence's book about the Titanic?
(a) Houghton Mifflin.
(c) Harper & Row.
(d) Harper Collins.
15. How many people sailed on the expedition?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
2. How many siblings did Amanda have?
3. What language did the priest speak that the Kurd led Miss Logan to after they climbed down Mount Ararat?
4. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
5. How old do most people in the Indian tribe live to be?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)