|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Gericault's painting?
(a) Raft of the Medusa.
(b) Scene of Shipwreck.
(c) Death at Sea.
(d) Death and Desperation.
2. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
(a) That he was the first person run down and killed by a train.
(b) That he was a politican and a financier.
(c) That he was a novelist.
(d) That he was a poet.
3. The subjects of what king found the vestiges of the raft that the frigate survivors constructed?
(a) King Donatus.
(b) King Rayde.
(c) King Pontus.
(d) King Zaide.
4. What is the name of the priest that Matt portrays?
5. Who painted "Burial of the Count of Orgaz"?
(c) El Greco.
(d) Fran Floris.
6. How many days and nights was Jonah inside the whale?
7. Who found the raft that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
8. How many people refused to leave the frigate and transfer to the raft?
9. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
(a) August 8, 1816.
(b) July 10, 1816.
(c) September 21, 1816.
(d) June 17, 1816.
10. How old was the cabin boy who fell through one of the fore portholes?
11. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
(a) Egyptian coast.
(b) Saharan coast.
12. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
(a) E. M. Forster.
(b) Thomas Deloney.
(c) Arnold Bennett.
(d) W. H. Auden.
13. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
14. How long have Charlie and Pippa been together?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 7 years.
(d) 5 years.
15. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who published Lawrence's book about the Titanic?
2. How old is Lawrence Beesley?
3. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
4. How long did it take Gericault to paint his painting?
5. For how many weeks was James Bartley unconscious after being rescued from the stomach of a whale?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)