|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days and nights was Jonah inside the whale?
2. What newspaper does Charlie want to read when he gets to Caracas?
(a) Daily Express.
(b) Daily Star.
(c) Daily Mail.
(d) Daily Telegraph.
3. How far were Amanda and Miss Logan from the peak when they encountered the first pocket of snow?
(a) 4,000 feet.
(b) 5,000 feet.
(c) 3,000 feet.
(d) 2,000 feet.
4. How many people sailed on the expedition?
5. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
(a) Star of the East.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Princess.
(d) West Winds.
6. What did the village elder give Amanda and Miss Logan before they climbed Mount Ararat?
(a) Shotgun and apples.
(b) Tea and pistol.
(c) Pistol and lemons.
(d) Rice and lemons.
7. After how many days did some of the survivors who stayed on the frigate decide to strike out on a raft?
(a) 33 days.
(b) 54 days.
(c) 42 days.
(d) 29 days.
8. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
9. Who published Lawrence's book about the Titanic?
(b) Harper Collins.
(c) Harper & Row.
(d) Houghton Mifflin.
10. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
11. What language did the priest speak that the Kurd led Miss Logan to after they climbed down Mount Ararat?
12. How many of those left on the frigate decided to escape on a raft?
13. In Chapter 5, what Cape had the expedition rounded when they saw the porpoises?
(a) Cape Finisterre.
(b) Cape Horn.
(c) Cape Roca.
(d) Cape Ministere.
14. What does Lawrence's daughter feed him?
(c) Tins of baby food.
15. What lifeboat did Lawrence escape in when he was on the Titanic?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers were allowed to disembark in Cuba?
2. Who was Gericault's assistant who lived with him?
3. How many men appear in Gericault's painting?
4. What type of fruit grew in orchards around the Monastery of Saint James?
5. How many soldiers were on the frigate?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)