|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles did the St. Louis travel before it docked at Antwerp?
(a) 10,500 miles.
(b) 9,000 miles.
(c) 8,500 miles.
(d) 10,000 miles.
2. How far from Dublin was Colonel Fergusson's house?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 3 miles.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 3/4 mile.
3. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
(a) E. M. Forster.
(b) Thomas Deloney.
(c) W. H. Auden.
(d) Arnold Bennett.
4. At what altitude was the city of Arghuri?
(a) 8,100 feet.
(b) More than 6,000 feet.
(c) 5,500 feet.
(d) About 7,000 feet.
5. Where did Lawrence Beesley go to college?
(b) Gonville and Caius.
6. What language did the priest speak that the Kurd led Miss Logan to after they climbed down Mount Ararat?
7. What is Matt's last name?
8. How many passengers were on board the St. Louis?
9. How old was Amanda in 1821?
10. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
(a) That he was a novelist.
(b) That he was a poet.
(c) That he was a politican and a financier.
(d) That he was the first person run down and killed by a train.
11. What year was it when Colonel Fergusson was dying?
12. How many people lived in the town that Jonah went to preach to according to Barnes?
13. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 8 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 2 years.
14. How old is Lawrence Beesley?
15. How much did the ox heart weigh that the narrator bought at Corrigans weigh?
(a) 1 lb. 13 oz.
(b) 4 lbs. 5 oz.
(c) 3 lbs. 11 oz.
(d) 2 lbs. 13 oz.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
2. In Chapter 5, what Cape had the expedition rounded when they saw the porpoises?
3. What was the name of Gericault's painting?
4. What newspaper does Charlie want to read when he gets to Caracas?
5. What type of fruit grew in orchards around the Monastery of Saint James?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)