|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was James Bartley when he was swallowed by a whale?
2. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
3. How long do Charlie and the crew have to wait after Matt's accident for the copter to come?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 24 hours.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
4. What was the name of Gericault's painting?
(a) Raft of the Medusa.
(b) Death at Sea.
(c) Scene of Shipwreck.
(d) Death and Desperation.
5. How old do most people in the Indian tribe live to be?
6. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
(a) Star of the East.
(b) The Princess.
(c) West Winds.
(d) The Duchess.
7. How many days and nights was Jonah inside the whale?
8. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
9. Where did Lawrence Beesley go to college?
(c) Gonville and Caius.
10. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
11. Who said "The mystery of what a couple is, exactly, is almost the only true mystery left to us. . ."?
(a) Helen Constantine.
(b) Jennifer Lee.
(c) Mavis Gallant.
(d) Elaine Dundy.
12. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
13. What newspaper does Charlie want to read when he gets to Caracas?
(a) Daily Star.
(b) Daily Telegraph.
(c) Daily Mail.
(d) Daily Express.
14. How much did the ox heart weigh that the narrator bought at Corrigans weigh?
(a) 2 lbs. 13 oz.
(b) 4 lbs. 5 oz.
(c) 1 lb. 13 oz.
(d) 3 lbs. 11 oz.
15. How old is Lawrence Beesley?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the city located that Jonah headed to after God asked him to preach?
2. What does Lawrence's daughter feed him?
3. When did the liner St. Louis leave Hamburg, Germany?
4. What time of day was it when Colonel Fergusson's listened to the incessant ticking of a beetle?
5. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)