|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the village elder give Amanda and Miss Logan before they climbed Mount Ararat?
(a) Rice and lemons.
(b) Tea and pistol.
(c) Shotgun and apples.
(d) Pistol and lemons.
2. How many miles did the St. Louis travel before it docked at Antwerp?
(a) 8,500 miles.
(b) 9,000 miles.
(c) 10,500 miles.
(d) 10,000 miles.
3. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
(a) Saharan coast.
(d) Egyptian coast.
4. How many remained on the raft after the third mutiny?
5. How many of those left on the frigate decided to escape on a raft?
6. For how many weeks was James Bartley unconscious after being rescued from the stomach of a whale?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 8 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
7. How many people sailed on the expedition?
8. Who found the raft that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
9. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
10. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
11. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
12. What is Matt's last name?
13. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
14. Where was Jonah supposed to preach?
15. When was the account of the Medusa published?
Short Answer Questions
1. How fast were the ships traveling in Chapter 5 when they saw the porpoises?
2. Where did Lawrence Beesley go to college?
3. Who published Lawrence's book about the Titanic?
4. What did Amanda give as payment for a place to stay in Arghuri?
5. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)