|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Lawrence Beesley go to college?
(a) Gonville and Caius.
2. What year was it when Colonel Fergusson was dying?
3. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
4. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
(a) That he was a politican and a financier.
(b) That he was a poet.
(c) That he was a novelist.
(d) That he was the first person run down and killed by a train.
5. How old is Lawrence Beesley?
6. How old was James Bartley when he was swallowed by a whale?
7. Who was Gericault's assistant who lived with him?
(a) Louis-Alexis Jamar.
(b) Jean Pucelle.
(c) Villard de Honnecourt.
(d) Ligier Richier.
8. How many men appear in Gericault's painting?
9. How old do most people in the Indian tribe live to be?
10. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
11. How many soldiers were on the frigate?
12. How many of those left on the frigate decided to escape on a raft?
13. How many remained on the raft after the third mutiny?
14. What is Matt's last name?
15. Who published Lawrence's book about the Titanic?
(b) Harper & Row.
(c) Harper Collins.
(d) Houghton Mifflin.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
2. What is the name of the priest that Matt portrays?
3. How long did it take Gericault to paint his painting?
4. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
5. How fast were the ships traveling in Chapter 5 when they saw the porpoises?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)