Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
(a) August 8, 1816.
(b) September 21, 1816.
(c) July 10, 1816.
(d) June 17, 1816.
2. Who published Lawrence's book about the Titanic?
(a) Harper Collins.
(b) Houghton Mifflin.
(d) Harper & Row.
3. What lifeboat did Lawrence escape in when he was on the Titanic?
4. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
5. After how many days did some of the survivors who stayed on the frigate decide to strike out on a raft?
(a) 42 days.
(b) 54 days.
(c) 33 days.
(d) 29 days.
6. How many passengers were allowed to disembark in Cuba?
7. Where did Lawrence Beesley go to college?
(c) Gonville and Caius.
8. How many days and nights was Jonah inside the whale?
9. What was the name of Gericault's painting?
(a) Death and Desperation.
(b) Raft of the Medusa.
(c) Scene of Shipwreck.
(d) Death at Sea.
10. Where was Jonah supposed to preach?
11. The subjects of what king found the vestiges of the raft that the frigate survivors constructed?
(a) King Pontus.
(b) King Rayde.
(c) King Donatus.
(d) King Zaide.
12. What year was it when Colonel Fergusson was dying?
13. What does Lawrence's daughter feed him?
(a) Tins of baby food.
14. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
15. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Charlie recognized at the airport in Caracas?
2. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
3. How many miles did the St. Louis travel before it docked at Antwerp?
4. How far were Amanda and Miss Logan from the peak when they encountered the first pocket of snow?
5. Who was the ma who was rumored to make it to the top of Mount Ararat?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)