|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
2. Who said "The mystery of what a couple is, exactly, is almost the only true mystery left to us. . ."?
(a) Mavis Gallant.
(b) Jennifer Lee.
(c) Helen Constantine.
(d) Elaine Dundy.
3. How many remained on the raft after the third mutiny?
4. Where did Jonah go after God told him to go preach?
5. After how many days did some of the survivors who stayed on the frigate decide to strike out on a raft?
(a) 33 days.
(b) 29 days.
(c) 42 days.
(d) 54 days.
6. How old was James Bartley when he was swallowed by a whale?
7. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
8. How far from Dublin was Colonel Fergusson's house?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 3/4 mile.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 2 miles.
9. How fast were the ships traveling in Chapter 5 when they saw the porpoises?
(a) 9-10 knots.
(b) 12 knots.
(c) 7 knots.
(d) 5-6 knots.
10. What did an Armenian priest call Mount Ararat?
(d) Sippan Dagh.
11. How long have Charlie and Pippa been together?
(a) 7 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 4 years.
12. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
(a) July 10, 1816.
(b) June 17, 1816.
(c) September 21, 1816.
(d) August 8, 1816.
13. Who was the captain of the expedition to Senegal?
(a) Jacques Barron.
(b) William Lacheur.
(c) Pierre Surcouf Duroy.
(d) Hugues Duroy de Chaumareys.
14. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
(a) That he was a novelist.
(b) That he was the first person run down and killed by a train.
(c) That he was a politican and a financier.
(d) That he was a poet.
15. What did Amanda give as payment for a place to stay in Arghuri?
(b) Silver coin.
(c) Gold coin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Jonah supposed to preach?
2. When was the account of the Medusa published?
3. Where did Lawrence Beesley go to college?
4. What is the name of Charlie's agent?
5. What is Matt's last name?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)