|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
(a) Star of the East.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) The Princess.
(d) West Winds.
2. What was the name of Gericault's painting?
(a) Raft of the Medusa.
(b) Scene of Shipwreck.
(c) Death and Desperation.
(d) Death at Sea.
3. At what altitude was the city of Arghuri?
(a) More than 6,000 feet.
(b) About 7,000 feet.
(c) 8,100 feet.
(d) 5,500 feet.
4. Where did Amanda and Miss Logan see a peasant woman placing a tooth in the crevice of a church door?
5. How many people lived in the town that Jonah went to preach to according to Barnes?
6. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
(b) Egyptian coast.
(c) Saharan coast.
7. How far were Amanda and Miss Logan from the peak when they encountered the first pocket of snow?
(a) 5,000 feet.
(b) 4,000 feet.
(c) 2,000 feet.
(d) 3,000 feet.
8. How many people sailed on the expedition?
9. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
10. When was the account of the Medusa published?
11. Why is Charlie recognized at the airport in Caracas?
(a) Because of a game show he had hosted.
(b) Because of a song he recorded.
(c) Because of a soap opera he acted in.
(d) Because of a movie he filmed.
12. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
13. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 8 years.
14. Who said "The mystery of what a couple is, exactly, is almost the only true mystery left to us. . ."?
(a) Mavis Gallant.
(b) Jennifer Lee.
(c) Helen Constantine.
(d) Elaine Dundy.
15. How far from Dublin was Colonel Fergusson's house?
(a) 2 miles.
(b) 1/2 mile.
(c) 3 miles.
(d) 3/4 mile.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
2. How many soldiers were on the frigate?
3. What newspaper does Charlie want to read when he gets to Caracas?
4. Where was Jonah supposed to preach?
5. The subjects of what king found the vestiges of the raft that the frigate survivors constructed?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)