|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What newspaper does Charlie want to read when he gets to Caracas?
(a) Daily Express.
(b) Daily Star.
(c) Daily Telegraph.
(d) Daily Mail.
2. How old do most people in the Indian tribe live to be?
3. In Chapter 5, what Cape had the expedition rounded when they saw the porpoises?
(a) Cape Finisterre.
(b) Cape Ministere.
(c) Cape Horn.
(d) Cape Roca.
4. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
(a) The Duchess.
(b) The Princess.
(c) Star of the East.
(d) West Winds.
5. What did Amanda give as payment for a place to stay in Arghuri?
(b) Silver coin.
(d) Gold coin.
6. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
7. What did the village elder give Amanda and Miss Logan before they climbed Mount Ararat?
(a) Shotgun and apples.
(b) Tea and pistol.
(c) Rice and lemons.
(d) Pistol and lemons.
8. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
(a) Saharan coast.
(b) Egyptian coast.
9. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
10. How old was Amanda in 1821?
11. What lifeboat did Lawrence escape in when he was on the Titanic?
12. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
(a) June 17, 1816.
(b) July 10, 1816.
(c) August 8, 1816.
(d) September 21, 1816.
13. How many men appear in Gericault's painting?
14. What type of fruit grew in orchards around the Monastery of Saint James?
15. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
(a) Arnold Bennett.
(b) Thomas Deloney.
(c) E. M. Forster.
(d) W. H. Auden.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the account of the Medusa published?
2. How much did the ox heart weigh that the narrator bought at Corrigans weigh?
3. What is Matt's last name?
4. How old is Lawrence Beesley?
5. After how many days did some of the survivors who stayed on the frigate decide to strike out on a raft?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)