|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how many days did some of the survivors who stayed on the frigate decide to strike out on a raft?
(a) 33 days.
(b) 54 days.
(c) 29 days.
(d) 42 days.
2. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
(a) W. H. Auden.
(b) E. M. Forster.
(c) Thomas Deloney.
(d) Arnold Bennett.
3. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
4. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
5. How many of those left on the frigate decided to escape on a raft?
6. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
7. How long did it take Gericault to paint his painting?
(a) 5 months.
(b) 17 months.
(c) 13 months.
(d) 8 months.
8. How many soldiers were on the frigate?
9. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 2 years.
10. How many passengers were on board the St. Louis?
11. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
12. How many remained on the raft after the third mutiny?
13. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
(a) West Winds.
(b) Star of the East.
(c) The Princess.
(d) The Duchess.
14. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
15. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people sailed on the expedition?
2. What did an Armenian priest call Mount Ararat?
3. Where did Jonah go after God told him to go preach?
4. How old was the cabin boy who fell through one of the fore portholes?
5. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)