|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Amanda and Miss Logan see a peasant woman placing a tooth in the crevice of a church door?
2. How many people lived in the town that Jonah went to preach to according to Barnes?
3. What did the village elder give Amanda and Miss Logan before they climbed Mount Ararat?
(a) Pistol and lemons.
(b) Tea and pistol.
(c) Shotgun and apples.
(d) Rice and lemons.
4. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
5. What is the name of Charlie's agent?
6. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
7. How many days and nights was Jonah inside the whale?
8. Who said "The mystery of what a couple is, exactly, is almost the only true mystery left to us. . ."?
(a) Helen Constantine.
(b) Mavis Gallant.
(c) Jennifer Lee.
(d) Elaine Dundy.
9. What type of fruit grew in orchards around the Monastery of Saint James?
10. When did the liner St. Louis leave Hamburg, Germany?
(a) June 17, 1939.
(b) April 5, 1939.
(c) May 13, 1939.
(d) July 31, 1939.
11. Where did Lawrence Beesley go to college?
(a) Gonville and Caius.
12. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
13. How old do most people in the Indian tribe live to be?
14. What year was it when Colonel Fergusson was dying?
15. Where was the city located that Jonah headed to after God asked him to preach?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
2. Who was Gericault's assistant who lived with him?
3. What is Matt's last name?
4. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
5. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)