|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
2. What time of day was it when Colonel Fergusson's listened to the incessant ticking of a beetle?
(a) 1 a.m.
(b) 2 a.m.
3. How many passengers were on board the St. Louis?
4. How old was Amanda in 1821?
5. What was the name of Gericault's painting?
(a) Death and Desperation.
(b) Death at Sea.
(c) Scene of Shipwreck.
(d) Raft of the Medusa.
6. How long did it take Gericault to paint his painting?
(a) 17 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 13 months.
(d) 8 months.
7. What is the name of Charlie's agent?
8. Who found the raft that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
9. Who painted "Burial of the Count of Orgaz"?
(b) Fran Floris.
(c) El Greco.
10. The subjects of what king found the vestiges of the raft that the frigate survivors constructed?
(a) King Zaide.
(b) King Rayde.
(c) King Pontus.
(d) King Donatus.
11. How fast were the ships traveling in Chapter 5 when they saw the porpoises?
(a) 7 knots.
(b) 9-10 knots.
(c) 5-6 knots.
(d) 12 knots.
12. How old was James Bartley when he was swallowed by a whale?
13. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
14. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
(a) That he was the first person run down and killed by a train.
(b) That he was a politican and a financier.
(c) That he was a novelist.
(d) That he was a poet.
15. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
(a) The Princess.
(b) The Duchess.
(c) Star of the East.
(d) West Winds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
2. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
3. What is Matt's last name?
4. How long have Charlie and Pippa been together?
5. How old was the cabin boy who fell through one of the fore portholes?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)