|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many passengers were on board the St. Louis?
2. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
(b) Saharan coast.
(c) Egyptian coast.
3. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
4. How old was James Bartley when he was swallowed by a whale?
5. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
6. For how many weeks was James Bartley unconscious after being rescued from the stomach of a whale?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 8 days.
7. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
(a) That he was a poet.
(b) That he was a novelist.
(c) That he was the first person run down and killed by a train.
(d) That he was a politican and a financier.
8. At what altitude was the city of Arghuri?
(a) 5,500 feet.
(b) About 7,000 feet.
(c) More than 6,000 feet.
(d) 8,100 feet.
9. What type of fruit grew in orchards around the Monastery of Saint James?
10. In Chapter 5, what Cape had the expedition rounded when they saw the porpoises?
(a) Cape Finisterre.
(b) Cape Horn.
(c) Cape Ministere.
(d) Cape Roca.
11. How many soldiers were on the frigate?
12. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
(a) West Winds.
(b) The Princess.
(c) The Duchess.
(d) Star of the East.
13. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
14. How many of those left on the frigate decided to escape on a raft?
15. When was the account of the Medusa published?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days and nights was Jonah inside the whale?
2. How old do most people in the Indian tribe live to be?
3. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
4. How many people sailed on the expedition?
5. What is the name of Charlie's agent?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)