|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
2. How many people sailed on the expedition?
3. How far from Dublin was Colonel Fergusson's house?
(a) 3 miles.
(b) 2 miles.
(c) 3/4 mile.
(d) 1/2 mile.
4. Who painted "Burial of the Count of Orgaz"?
(a) El Greco.
(b) Fran Floris.
5. What is the name of Charlie's agent?
6. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
7. The subjects of what king found the vestiges of the raft that the frigate survivors constructed?
(a) King Donatus.
(b) King Pontus.
(c) King Zaide.
(d) King Rayde.
8. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
9. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
10. What language did the priest speak that the Kurd led Miss Logan to after they climbed down Mount Ararat?
11. How long do Charlie and the crew have to wait after Matt's accident for the copter to come?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 12 hours.
(d) 24 hours.
12. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
13. How many days and nights was Jonah inside the whale?
14. Who found the raft that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
15. What time of day was it when Colonel Fergusson's listened to the incessant ticking of a beetle?
(b) 1 a.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what ship did James Bartley work as a sailor?
2. How many men appear in Gericault's painting?
3. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
4. What is the name of the priest that Matt portrays?
5. How fast were the ships traveling in Chapter 5 when they saw the porpoises?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)