|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 8 years.
(d) 5 years.
2. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
(a) Thomas Deloney.
(b) E. M. Forster.
(c) W. H. Auden.
(d) Arnold Bennett.
3. What is Matt's last name?
4. Where did Lawrence Beesley go to college?
(d) Gonville and Caius.
5. When was the account of the Medusa published?
6. Who said "The mystery of what a couple is, exactly, is almost the only true mystery left to us. . ."?
(a) Helen Constantine.
(b) Jennifer Lee.
(c) Mavis Gallant.
(d) Elaine Dundy.
7. How many people lived in the town that Jonah went to preach to according to Barnes?
8. How many miles did the St. Louis travel before it docked at Antwerp?
(a) 10,500 miles.
(b) 8,500 miles.
(c) 10,000 miles.
(d) 9,000 miles.
9. How old was Amanda in 1821?
10. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
11. For how many weeks was James Bartley unconscious after being rescued from the stomach of a whale?
(a) 8 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 6 days.
12. Who found the raft that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
13. What does Lawrence's daughter feed him?
(c) Tins of baby food.
14. Where did Amanda and Miss Logan see a peasant woman placing a tooth in the crevice of a church door?
15. What language did the priest speak that the Kurd led Miss Logan to after they climbed down Mount Ararat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many remained on the raft after the third mutiny?
2. What lifeboat did Lawrence escape in when he was on the Titanic?
3. How many people refused to leave the frigate and transfer to the raft?
4. Who was Gericault's assistant who lived with him?
5. How far were Amanda and Miss Logan from the peak when they encountered the first pocket of snow?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)