|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people refused to leave the frigate and transfer to the raft?
2. In Chapter 5, what Cape had the expedition rounded when they saw the porpoises?
(a) Cape Finisterre.
(b) Cape Horn.
(c) Cape Ministere.
(d) Cape Roca.
3. How far from home is the narrator's job in Part I of Chapters 7?
(a) 1/2 mile.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 3/4 miles.
(d) 4 miles.
4. What lifeboat did Lawrence escape in when he was on the Titanic?
5. Why is Charlie recognized at the airport in Caracas?
(a) Because of a game show he had hosted.
(b) Because of a movie he filmed.
(c) Because of a song he recorded.
(d) Because of a soap opera he acted in.
6. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
7. How old was the cabin boy who fell through one of the fore portholes?
8. Who painted "Burial of the Count of Orgaz"?
(a) Fran Floris.
(c) El Greco.
9. How much did the ox heart weigh that the narrator bought at Corrigans weigh?
(a) 3 lbs. 11 oz.
(b) 2 lbs. 13 oz.
(c) 1 lb. 13 oz.
(d) 4 lbs. 5 oz.
10. How many passengers were on board the St. Louis?
11. How far were Amanda and Miss Logan from the peak when they encountered the first pocket of snow?
(a) 4,000 feet.
(b) 3,000 feet.
(c) 5,000 feet.
(d) 2,000 feet.
12. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
(a) W. H. Auden.
(b) Thomas Deloney.
(c) E. M. Forster.
(d) Arnold Bennett.
13. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
14. Who was the captain of the expedition to Senegal?
(a) Pierre Surcouf Duroy.
(b) Hugues Duroy de Chaumareys.
(c) William Lacheur.
(d) Jacques Barron.
15. Who found the raft that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many passengers were allowed to disembark in Cuba?
2. How old was Amanda in 1821?
3. How many people sailed on the expedition?
4. How many people lived in the town that Jonah went to preach to according to Barnes?
5. How old do most people in the Indian tribe live to be?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)