|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what Cape had the expedition rounded when they saw the porpoises?
(a) Cape Ministere.
(b) Cape Roca.
(c) Cape Finisterre.
(d) Cape Horn.
2. How old was Amanda in 1821?
3. How long did it take Gericault to paint his painting?
(a) 13 months.
(b) 5 months.
(c) 17 months.
(d) 8 months.
4. What year was it when Colonel Fergusson was dying?
5. How far were Amanda and Miss Logan from the peak when they encountered the first pocket of snow?
(a) 4,000 feet.
(b) 5,000 feet.
(c) 3,000 feet.
(d) 2,000 feet.
6. How many miles did the St. Louis travel before it docked at Antwerp?
(a) 10,000 miles.
(b) 10,500 miles.
(c) 8,500 miles.
(d) 9,000 miles.
7. How old was the cabin boy who fell through one of the fore portholes?
8. How fast were the ships traveling in Chapter 5 when they saw the porpoises?
(a) 7 knots.
(b) 12 knots.
(c) 5-6 knots.
(d) 9-10 knots.
9. After the sick were killed, how many days of provisions were left to sustain the survivors?
10. Where was the raft found that the survivors on the frigate constructed?
(c) Saharan coast.
(d) Egyptian coast.
11. Who was the ma who was rumored to make it to the top of Mount Ararat?
(a) Dr. Friedrich Parrot.
(b) Dr. David Dove.
(c) Dr. Paul Pigeon.
(d) Dr. Martin Raven.
12. How much older was Miss Logan than Amanda?
(a) 8 years.
(b) 5 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 10 years.
13. When did the liner St. Louis leave Hamburg, Germany?
(a) May 13, 1939.
(b) July 31, 1939.
(c) April 5, 1939.
(d) June 17, 1939.
14. Who was the captain of the expedition to Senegal?
(a) William Lacheur.
(b) Pierre Surcouf Duroy.
(c) Jacques Barron.
(d) Hugues Duroy de Chaumareys.
15. What is remembered about William Huskisson?
(a) That he was a politican and a financier.
(b) That he was a novelist.
(c) That he was the first person run down and killed by a train.
(d) That he was a poet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Charlie and Pippa been together?
2. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
3. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
4. How long do Charlie and the crew have to wait after Matt's accident for the copter to come?
5. How old do most people in the Indian tribe live to be?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)