|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the captain of the expedition to Senegal?
(a) Hugues Duroy de Chaumareys.
(b) Jacques Barron.
(c) William Lacheur.
(d) Pierre Surcouf Duroy.
2. How many men appear in Gericault's painting?
3. Where did Jonah go after God told him to go preach?
4. What is the name of the woman that Charlie and Pippa argued about?
5. Who wrote, "We must love one another or die"?
(a) W. H. Auden.
(b) Thomas Deloney.
(c) Arnold Bennett.
(d) E. M. Forster.
6. Where was Jonah supposed to preach?
7. What is Matt's last name?
8. How many of those left on the frigate decided to escape on a raft?
9. How much did the ox heart weigh that the narrator bought at Corrigans weigh?
(a) 1 lb. 13 oz.
(b) 3 lbs. 11 oz.
(c) 4 lbs. 5 oz.
(d) 2 lbs. 13 oz.
10. Who was Gericault's assistant who lived with him?
(a) Jean Pucelle.
(b) Villard de Honnecourt.
(c) Louis-Alexis Jamar.
(d) Ligier Richier.
11. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
12. How many passengers were allowed to disembark in Cuba?
13. What type of fruit grew in orchards around the Monastery of Saint James?
14. When was James Bartley swallowed by a whale?
15. For how many weeks was James Bartley unconscious after being rescued from the stomach of a whale?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 8 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 6 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far from Dublin was Colonel Fergusson's house?
2. How long did it take Gericault to paint his painting?
3. When was a painting created about the shipwreck of the Medusa?
4. What language did the priest speak that the Kurd led Miss Logan to after they climbed down Mount Ararat?
5. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)