|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles did the St. Louis travel before it docked at Antwerp?
(a) 10,500 miles.
(b) 10,000 miles.
(c) 8,500 miles.
(d) 9,000 miles.
2. The subjects of what king found the vestiges of the raft that the frigate survivors constructed?
(a) King Donatus.
(b) King Pontus.
(c) King Zaide.
(d) King Rayde.
3. How much did the ox heart weigh that the narrator bought at Corrigans weigh?
(a) 1 lb. 13 oz.
(b) 2 lbs. 13 oz.
(c) 3 lbs. 11 oz.
(d) 4 lbs. 5 oz.
4. What time of day was it when Colonel Fergusson's listened to the incessant ticking of a beetle?
(a) 1 a.m.
(c) 2 a.m.
5. Where was the city located that Jonah headed to after God asked him to preach?
6. What was the name of Gericault's painting?
(a) Scene of Shipwreck.
(b) Raft of the Medusa.
(c) Death and Desperation.
(d) Death at Sea.
7. How many people refused to leave the frigate and transfer to the raft?
8. Where is the narrator when he writes "Parenthesis"?
9. What does Lawrence's daughter feed him?
(b) Tins of baby food.
10. How fast were the ships traveling in Chapter 5 when they saw the porpoises?
(a) 12 knots.
(b) 9-10 knots.
(c) 7 knots.
(d) 5-6 knots.
11. When did the expedition set off for Senegal?
(a) July 10, 1816.
(b) June 17, 1816.
(c) September 21, 1816.
(d) August 8, 1816.
12. When did the liner St. Louis leave Hamburg, Germany?
(a) July 31, 1939.
(b) May 13, 1939.
(c) April 5, 1939.
(d) June 17, 1939.
13. How much did the government of Cuba want to charge the passengers of the St. Louis to disembark?
14. How old was Amanda in 1821?
15. Where did Amanda and Miss Logan see a peasant woman placing a tooth in the crevice of a church door?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many words does Charlie learn before he discovers that the Indian has been teaching him the wrong meanings of the words?
2. How many remained on the raft after the third mutiny?
3. Who was Gericault's assistant who lived with him?
4. What type of fruit grew in orchards around the Monastery of Saint James?
5. Who said "The mystery of what a couple is, exactly, is almost the only true mystery left to us. . ."?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)