Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which element(s) must be included in the ancient ritual sacrifices discussed in Book 2, Chapter 5?
2. How long after an agreement was reached, did the Spartans and the Athenians attack the Thebans?
3. How is augury defined?
4. How are the efforts of the Spartans described after their animal sacrifice?
5. What was one main concern about Procles' proposal?
Continuing with his fascination of the virtues of military leaders, Xenophon presents the story of Polydamas.
1) Describe Polydamas's leadership style, including how he tests his men, and the actions taken as a result of those tests.
2) Explain how Polydamas's men are rewarded for their skills, and the value of honor and loyalty in the military.
3) Analyze the opinions of Jason, pertaining to the King of Persia, and how they compare to Xenophon's opinion of Persia in general.
Explain the example presented by Xenophon of how a city is almost attacked by soldiers in order to raise funds. Provide an analysis of the events that lead the soldiers to make the decision, the system they use to confirm it, the interference of a politician, and the results.
The issue of funding is an important one for military operations to continue.
1) Explain the use of funds during a war including why it is vital for a military to raise the money.
2) Describe the different options the ancient military had in raising funds for a war or campaign.
3) Analyze the situation of the sailors in Chios and the hardships they encounter there.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)