Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which element(s) must be included in the ancient ritual sacrifices discussed in Book 2, Chapter 5?
2. How long after an agreement was reached, did the Spartans and the Athenians attack the Thebans?
3. How is augury defined?
4. How are the efforts of the Spartans described after their animal sacrifice?
5. What was one main concern about Procles' proposal?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the planning and assassination of Alexander of Pherae in Thessaly. Include how Alexander is viewed as a ruler, his reputation, and that of the town, the possible motivations for the murder, and the way it takes place.
Essay Topic 2
Xenophon includes the various rituals performed by ancient Greek soldiers before and after a battle.
1) Describe the ritual of an animal sacrifice before a battle, how it is performed, and the reasons for it.
2) Explain how trophies are made and what is used to make them.
3) Describe the conditions for making trophies using one example of this from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how and why Xenophon chooses to depict Alcibiades and the battles that involve him in the story. Use the references made in the book to analyze how Xenophon's story adds information to previous events, and the reputation of Alcibiades' mentor, Socrates. Include whether or not you think Xenophon is objective in his description of Alcibiades, considering his admiration for Socrates.
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)