|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How wealthy was the King of Persia thought to be?
(a) The second richest man in the region.
(b) The richest man in the region.
(c) The richest man in the city.
(d) The second richest man in the city.
2. How many men are discussing the idea of marriage in Book 2, Chapter 4?
3. What were the Arcadians encouraged to do?
(a) Have pride.
(b) Have fewer laws.
(c) Have mercy.
(d) Have more laws.
4. How is a woman's willingness to marry mentioned in the book?
(a) There are many pages dedicated to it.
(b) There is no mention of it.
(c) It is only mentioned as a definition for another term.
(d) There is some mention of it.
5. What did the people of Phocis claim they would do if Sparta did not help them?
(a) Attack their enemy alone.
(b) Move from the city.
(c) Give in to their enemy's demands.
(d) Join forces with Sparta's enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which goddess did the Spartans make an animal sacrifice for?
2. What was one main concern about Procles' proposal?
3. What Spartan soldier served as a diplomat for peace between the cities of Greece?
4. Where was the massacre Xenophon writes about committed?
5. Which subdivision of Greece was raided as a result of a leader's invitation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What things does the adviser in Xenophon's story think that a woman should be in order for his friend to marry her?
2. How was Alexander murdered?
3. How was it possible for a leader to put his own self-interest above the team, and was it considered a positive or a negative action?
4. What type of sacrifice does Xenophon describe that is made by the Spartans?
5. What problems in Arcadia end the book, "A History of My Times"?
6. What things did Polydamss value in a solider?
7. What did Athens and Sparta do once they were united, and how is Archidamus's speech described?
8. How does Xenophon include the issue of marriage in "A History of My Times"?
9. What is augury?
10. What concerns did the Athenians have in the agreement between Athens and Sparta?
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)