|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one man's advice, what should another man first consider when choosing a wife?
2. Which element(s) must be included in the ancient ritual sacrifices discussed in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The right entity, time, and location.
(b) The right entity and location.
(c) The right time and location.
(d) The right entity and time.
3. What does the adviser suggest a woman's family should be like in order to consider marrying her?
(a) They should have many members.
(b) They should have a strong reputation.
(c) They should be largely unknown.
(d) They should only have a few members.
4. How are the efforts of the Spartans described after their animal sacrifice?
(b) It is unknown.
(c) They had some success and some failure.
5. Where was the massacre Xenophon writes about committed?
(a) In a large hall.
(b) In a forest.
(c) In public.
(d) In private.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was an animal sacrifice known as in some ancient cultures?
2. In ancient times, how was the opposition of people chosen?
3. What did the Spartans do with Polydamas after they handled his request?
4. What Spartan soldier served as a diplomat for peace between the cities of Greece?
5. Which city was giving Phocis the most trouble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of the sacrifice made by the Spartans?
2. How were people educated and trained for their service in a military team?
3. What problems in Arcadia end the book, "A History of My Times"?
4. What concerns did the Athenians have in the agreement between Athens and Sparta?
5. What type of a ruler was Alexander of Pherae in Thessaly?
6. What are the styles of the chapters in "A History of My Times", and what stories are told in Book 2, Chapter 5?
7. What was considered to be "the Spartan way" and how was Teleutias's raid received?
8. What things does the adviser in Xenophon's story think that a woman should be in order for his friend to marry her?
9. In response to the objections, what was Procles' proposal that clarified the agreement between Athens and Sparta?
10. What did Athens and Sparta do once they were united, and how is Archidamus's speech described?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)