|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Polydamas, what must soldiers develop a taste for?
(a) The dangers of war.
(b) The importance of war.
(c) The disadvantages of war.
(d) The advantages of war.
2. Who is the translator for this edition of "A History of My Times"?
(a) Jonathan J. Price.
(b) David Cartwright.
(c) Francis MacDonald Cornford.
(d) Rex Warner.
3. Which one of the following was included in Polydams's speech about what he valued in a soldier?
(a) Intelligence under pressure.
(d) Durability under hardships.
4. Which goddess did the Spartans make an animal sacrifice for?
5. What city was the main focus of the massacre's intent?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the massacre planned?
2. How often did Polydamas test his men?
3. In Chapter 5, how much of the text is dedicated to the military alliances and balancing of power within them?
4. How was a military leader treated after a raid during the story?
5. How is augury defined?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)