|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Polydamas's request for assistance described?
(a) Lengthy, but not detailed.
(b) Lengthy and detailed.
(c) Brief and not detailed.
(d) Brief, but detailed.
2. When did the Spartans make their animal sacrifice?
(a) Before engaging the enemy.
(b) After a battle.
(c) Before a bad storm.
(d) After the death of someone.
3. What was an animal sacrifice known as in some ancient cultures?
(a) A way to mourn.
(b) A religious observation.
(c) A victory celebration.
(d) A feast.
4. According to one man's advice, what should another man first consider when choosing a wife?
5. Who was Dercylidas?
(a) A Spartan commander.
(b) A Macedonian commander.
(c) A Theban commander.
(d) A Persian commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many total chapters are included in the book?
2. In ancient times, how was the opposition of people chosen?
3. What did Procles acknowledge in his speech?
4. What type of operation is described in the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 5?
5. How did Sparta respond to the request for help from Phocis?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)