|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Spartans make their animal sacrifice?
(a) Before engaging the enemy.
(b) After a battle.
(c) Before a bad storm.
(d) After the death of someone.
2. How was the massacre planned?
(a) Arrangements were made in advance.
(b) Only political leaders knew.
(c) Only military leaders knew.
(d) It was an impulsive decision.
3. Besides augury, which one of the following was another feature of Ancient Greek religion?
4. What did the Spartans do with Polydamas after they handled his request?
(a) They ridiculed him.
(b) They complimented him.
(c) They asked him to join their army.
(d) They sent him away.
5. What did Polydamas do with men that he found to be in excellent military condition?
(a) He rewarded them.
(b) He put them in the back lines.
(c) He made them captains.
(d) He put them in the front lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how much of the text is dedicated to the military alliances and balancing of power within them?
2. What is an appeal for a military commander that is discussed in Book 2, Chapter 5?
3. Which subdivision of Greece was raided as a result of a leader's invitation?
4. Where was the massacre Xenophon writes about committed?
5. Who was Dercylidas?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)