|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, how much of the text is dedicated to the military alliances and balancing of power within them?
(a) Only a small portion of the text.
(b) Half of the text.
(c) None of the text.
(d) Most of the text.
2. Based on Xenophon's explanation, what happened after the raid?
(a) A civil war began.
(c) Two cities surrendered.
(d) Counter measures were prepared.
3. What were the Arcadians encouraged to do?
(a) Have pride.
(b) Have more laws.
(c) Have mercy.
(d) Have fewer laws.
4. How was Procles' speech received?
(a) It impressed everyone.
(b) It received no response.
(c) It impressed some, but drew objections from others.
(d) It drew objections from everyone.
5. What did Polydamas do with men that he found to be in excellent military condition?
(a) He made them captains.
(b) He rewarded them.
(c) He put them in the back lines.
(d) He put them in the front lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which subdivision of Greece was raided as a result of a leader's invitation?
2. How is augury defined?
3. How was the massacre planned?
4. What was a main factor of decision-making for the Spartans?
5. How many total chapters are included in the book?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)