|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one man's advice, what should another man first consider when choosing a wife?
2. What were the Arcadians encouraged to do?
(a) Have fewer laws.
(b) Have pride.
(c) Have mercy.
(d) Have more laws.
3. Where did the raid take place, according to the second story of the fifth chapter of Book 2?
4. In Xenophon's story, what prompted an invitation for a raid?
(a) A battle.
(b) A truce.
(c) A declaration of war.
(d) A murder.
5. As depicted in Book 2, Chapter 5, what can the actions of one leader affect?
(a) An entire city.
(b) A particular law.
(c) Another leader.
(d) An entire country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city was giving Phocis the most trouble?
2. How many days should the command be rotated between Athens and Sparta, according to Procles?
3. What city was the main focus of the massacre's intent?
4. Which element(s) must be included in the ancient ritual sacrifices discussed in Book 2, Chapter 5?
5. How wealthy was the King of Persia thought to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. In response to the objections, what was Procles' proposal that clarified the agreement between Athens and Sparta?
2. What concerns did the Athenians have in the agreement between Athens and Sparta?
3. What did Athens and Sparta do once they were united, and how is Archidamus's speech described?
4. What things did Polydamss value in a solider?
5. How was Alexander murdered?
6. Who was Dercylidas and how is he described?
7. What is an oracle?
8. What are the styles of the chapters in "A History of My Times", and what stories are told in Book 2, Chapter 5?
9. How did Jason describe the King of Persia and the Persians?
10. How were people educated and trained for their service in a military team?
This section contains 826 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)