|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the crisis of Phocis?
(a) The behavior of others.
(b) A lack of laws.
(c) Too many laws.
(d) Their own behavior.
2. Whom were the Spartans feuding with in the beginning of the sixth chapter of Book 2?
3. How is Dercylidas described in an earlier section?
4. How many men are discussing the idea of marriage in Book 2, Chapter 4?
5. Where were the first Athenian-Spartan forces sent?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Xenophon's story, what is the best method for obtaining perspective?
2. How many methods of decision-making are described by Xenophon?
3. Where was the massacre Xenophon writes about committed?
4. What was an animal sacrifice known as in some ancient cultures?
5. According to one man's advice, what should another man first consider when choosing a wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led Athens and Sparta to contemplate an alliance?
2. What was the setting of the massacre that Xenophon recounts?
3. In response to the objections, what was Procles' proposal that clarified the agreement between Athens and Sparta?
4. What was the reason for the surprise massacre that Xenophon includes in his story?
5. According to Xenophon's story, what is the first thing that a man should consider when deciding which woman to marry, and how does that compare to today's culture?
6. What was the result of the sacrifice made by the Spartans?
7. How did the Arcadians gain their self-importance, and what did that do for the region?
8. How was Alexander murdered?
9. How could the information obtained from an oracle seem confusing?
10. How does Xenophon include the issue of marriage in "A History of My Times"?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)