|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one man's advice, what should another man first consider when choosing a wife?
2. Where is the location of the first event Xenophon recounts in Book 2, Chapter 5?
3. How are the efforts of the Spartans described after their animal sacrifice?
(c) They had some success and some failure.
(d) It is unknown.
4. What reportedly followed a speech given by the commander, Archidamus, to his troops?
(a) Thunder and lightning.
(b) Rainfall and strong winds.
(c) Thunder, lightning, and rainfall.
5. Which city was giving Phocis the most trouble?
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the events presented in the book in order to account for why certain things occurred?
2. What was the reason for the Spartans' animal sacrifice?
3. How is a woman's willingness to marry mentioned in the book?
4. What was a main factor of decision-making for the Spartans?
5. How is Dercylidas described in an earlier section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of sacrifice does Xenophon describe that is made by the Spartans?
2. What type of a ruler was Alexander of Pherae in Thessaly?
3. How was it possible for a leader to put his own self-interest above the team, and was it considered a positive or a negative action?
4. How could the information obtained from an oracle seem confusing?
5. How did the Arcadians gain their self-importance, and what did that do for the region?
6. What things did Polydamss value in a solider?
7. What was the result of the sacrifice made by the Spartans?
8. What did Athens and Sparta do once they were united, and how is Archidamus's speech described?
9. What things does the adviser in Xenophon's story think that a woman should be in order for his friend to marry her?
10. How was Alexander murdered?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)