|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Dercylidas described in an earlier section?
2. How often did Polydamas test his men?
3. What were the Arcadians encouraged to do?
(a) Have fewer laws.
(b) Have pride.
(c) Have mercy.
(d) Have more laws.
4. How many mercenaries did Polydamas claim to have available to him?
(a) Eight thousand.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Four thousand.
5. Which element(s) must be included in the ancient ritual sacrifices discussed in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The right entity and location.
(b) The right time and location.
(c) The right entity and time.
(d) The right entity, time, and location.
Short Answer Questions
1. How wealthy was the King of Persia thought to be?
2. Which one of the following was included in Polydams's speech about what he valued in a soldier?
3. How many men are discussing the idea of marriage in Book 2, Chapter 4?
4. How was Procles' speech received?
5. What was the strength of Athens as it prepared to enter into an alliance with Sparta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is augury?
2. How did Jason describe the King of Persia and the Persians?
3. How did the Arcadians gain their self-importance, and what did that do for the region?
4. What message is Xenophon delivering with the story of Attica?
5. What problems in Arcadia end the book, "A History of My Times"?
6. What was the reason for the surprise massacre that Xenophon includes in his story?
7. What was the result of the sacrifice made by the Spartans?
8. How was Alexander murdered?
9. What concerns did the Athenians have in the agreement between Athens and Sparta?
10. How large was Polydamas's mercenary force and how did he test them?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)