|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often did Polydamas test his men?
2. Where do the majority of events in Chapter 6 take place?
3. What were the Arcadians encouraged to do?
(a) Have mercy.
(b) Have fewer laws.
(c) Have more laws.
(d) Have pride.
4. How many total chapters are included in the book?
5. How long after an agreement was reached, did the Spartans and the Athenians attack the Thebans?
(a) One month.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city was the main focus of the massacre's intent?
2. Where was the massacre Xenophon writes about committed?
3. In Xenophon's story, what prompted an invitation for a raid?
4. What did Polydamas do with men that he found to be in excellent military condition?
5. How did Sparta respond to the request for help from Phocis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the setting of the massacre that Xenophon recounts?
2. What is augury?
3. What led Athens and Sparta to contemplate an alliance?
4. What things did Polydamss value in a solider?
5. What was the reason for the surprise massacre that Xenophon includes in his story?
6. What problems in Arcadia end the book, "A History of My Times"?
7. What was the result of the sacrifice made by the Spartans?
8. How was Alexander murdered?
9. How large was Polydamas's mercenary force and how did he test them?
10. What things does the adviser in Xenophon's story think that a woman should be in order for his friend to marry her?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)