|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were Cyrus's military actions against his brother perceived?
(a) They were considered to be precedent.
(b) They were considered to be well planned.
(c) They were considered to be unprecedented.
(d) They were considered to be impulsive.
2. What were trophies often made out of?
(b) The enemy's spears.
(c) The enemy's shields.
3. Approximately how many pages of text does each chapter cover in "A History of My Times"?
(a) Seventy five.
(b) Twenty five.
(c) One hundred.
4. What is each one of the chapters in the second book devoted to?
(a) The description of a different war ship.
(b) The description of a different battle.
(c) The description of a different city.
(d) The description of a different military leader.
5. Where were sailors able to live fairly well?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of literature is Betty Radice known for?
2. How accessible is Xenophon's writing style for current readers?
3. What is the fewest amount of ships involved in the water and shoreline battles of Chapter 1?
4. Where is the bibliography located in "A History of My Times"?
5. What was the reason for Thibron's exile?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are there maps included in the back of the book, "A History of My Times"?
2. Where were the sailors who were granted pay living, and what kind of lifestyle did they have?
3. What caused the decisions made by Generals that resulted in the exile of many mid-range officers?
4. What was used to make trophies and when were they usually presented?
5. What is the point of Cyrus's story as it is told by Xenophon?
6. How did Mania become the satrap, and what type of leader was she?
7. What happened to Thibron after he returned to Sparta and why?
8. How did Mania oversee her military operations?
9. What is the significance of Xenophon's early background?
10. What hardships did the sailors encounter when they were not at war?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)