|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Thibron's exile first considered?
2. Mania shares her name with a Greek mythological personification. What has been named after this personification?
(a) Characteristics of good fortune.
(b) A war ship.
(c) A fish.
(d) Symptoms of mental illness.
3. Which season was hard for the sailors?
4. How often were trophies made in ancient Greece?
(a) After every battle.
(b) Once every other battle.
(c) Only when time allowed.
(d) After most battles.
5. What is found in the back of the book to help people understand military maneuvers better?
Short Answer Questions
1. What audience is the book, "A History of My Times", trying to reach?
2. What part of the military commanders motivated Xenophon to write the book?
3. Which of the following was one of the ways to raise money for a military campaign in ancient Greece?
4. When were trophies made in ancient Greece?
5. What is the main subject of the stories included in the "book of the book"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Alcibiades and how is he described?
2. What was the politician's objection to the idea of plundering a town for money?
3. Why was Xenophon's loyalty questioned when he served in the Athenian military?
4. Where were the sailors who were granted pay living, and what kind of lifestyle did they have?
5. What are the intentions of the author and the publisher in presenting "A History of My Times"?
6. Displaying Xenophon's point about loyalty, what suggestion did the lower ranking soldiers make after the exile of multiple mid-range officers, and how was their suggestion received?
7. How was Mania's son-in-law convinced to betray her?
8. What were the funds that were raised used for during a war?
9. How did Mania oversee her military operations?
10. According to the editor, Betty Radice, what is the difference between a memoir and history?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)