|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Thibron's exile first considered?
2. How often does Xenophon describe the way money is raised?
(a) He describes how money is raised in three cases.
(b) In some cases, he does not describe how money is raised.
(c) He describes how money is raised in every case except one.
(d) He describes how money is raised in every case.
3. What did Alcibiades enjoy?
(a) Arguing with his mentor.
(b) Ignoring his mentor.
(c) Agreeing with his mentor.
(d) Embarrassing his mentor.
4. According to the editor, who will be delighted by the bibliography in the book?
(a) Other writers.
(d) Other historians.
5. Who was Cinadon meeting when he is arrested?
(a) A politician.
(b) An assistant.
(c) An enemy informant.
(d) A military leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men was Xenophon in charge of during his service in the military?
2. What promise did Mania make to her allies?
3. What part of the military commanders motivated Xenophon to write the book?
4. What city did Xenophon represent in the military?
5. What would cause the soldiers to abandon their original plot for raising money in the story told in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mania oversee her military operations?
2. What is the main point of Cinadon's story?
3. How many ships were used in water and shoreline battles, and which locations are mentioned as receiving the most fighting in the first chapter?
4. What caused the decisions made by Generals that resulted in the exile of many mid-range officers?
5. What are the intentions of the author and the publisher in presenting "A History of My Times"?
6. How did Mania become the satrap, and what type of leader was she?
7. What famous philosopher did Xenophon know, and how does that provide insight into certain historical events?
8. What was the politician's objection to the idea of plundering a town for money?
9. Displaying Xenophon's point about loyalty, what suggestion did the lower ranking soldiers make after the exile of multiple mid-range officers, and how was their suggestion received?
10. How did the military leaders cooperate with each other on the issue of funding?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)