|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was one main concern about Procles' proposal?
(a) Both the Spartans and the Athenians would have too much control.
(b) The Athenians would have more control than the Spartans.
(c) Neither the Spartans nor the Athenians would have any control.
(d) The Spartans would have more control than the Athenians would.
2. How important was knowing a person's ally leaders in the stories told by Xenophon?
(a) More important than knowing the enemy.
(b) Much less important than knowing the enemy.
(c) Slightly less important than knowing the enemy.
(d) Equal to knowing the enemy.
3. What name was given to the treaty for peace between the Greek cities?
(a) The Peace of the King.
(b) The King's Peaceful Treaty.
(c) The King's Peace.
(d) The King's Treaty for Peace.
4. How did Polydamas reward his men with honor and prestige?
(a) Only in the military.
(b) In the military and upon burial.
(c) Only upon burial.
(d) Neither in the military nor upon burial.
5. Whom were the Spartans feuding with in the beginning of the sixth chapter of Book 2?
6. What was the strength of Athens as it prepared to enter into an alliance with Sparta?
(a) Creating laws.
(b) The battles at sea.
(c) Political action.
(d) The battles on land.
7. Where do the majority of events in Chapter 6 take place?
8. Where did the raid take place, according to the second story of the fifth chapter of Book 2?
9. How many methods of decision-making are described by Xenophon?
10. What type of a massacre was committed?
(a) A drawn out attack.
(b) An expected attack.
(c) A quick attack.
(d) A surprise attack.
11. In ancient times, how was the opposition of people chosen?
12. Where is the location of the first event Xenophon recounts in Book 2, Chapter 5?
13. According to one man's advice, what should another man first consider when choosing a wife?
14. Which goddess did the Spartans make an animal sacrifice for?
15. How is Dercylidas described in an earlier section?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Procles' speech received?
2. How is augury defined?
3. What other city's founding is not included by Xenophon, as pointed out by the editor?
4. What city was the main focus of the massacre's intent?
5. What did Polydamas do with men that he found to be in excellent military condition?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)