Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which element(s) must be included in the ancient ritual sacrifices discussed in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The right time and location.
(b) The right entity and location.
(c) The right entity, time, and location.
(d) The right entity and time.
2. How long after an agreement was reached, did the Spartans and the Athenians attack the Thebans?
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
3. How is augury defined?
(a) Reading omens.
(b) Reading the stars.
(c) Predicting the weather.
(d) Predicting a natural disaster.
4. How are the efforts of the Spartans described after their animal sacrifice?
(a) They had some success and some failure.
(c) It is unknown.
5. What was one main concern about Procles' proposal?
(a) The Athenians would have more control than the Spartans.
(b) Both the Spartans and the Athenians would have too much control.
(c) The Spartans would have more control than the Athenians would.
(d) Neither the Spartans nor the Athenians would have any control.
6. How weak did Jason think the King of Persia really was?
(a) Not as weak as the opposition thought.
(b) Weaker than the opposition thought.
(c) He did not comment on the weakness.
(d) Just as weak as the opposition thought.
7. What city was the main focus of the massacre's intent?
8. How is Dercylidas described in an earlier section?
9. What type of operation is described in the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 5?
10. What did the people of Phocis claim they would do if Sparta did not help them?
(a) Attack their enemy alone.
(b) Give in to their enemy's demands.
(c) Join forces with Sparta's enemy.
(d) Move from the city.
11. Who conducted the raid in the second story of Book 2, Chapter 5?
12. In Chapter 5, how much of the text is dedicated to the military alliances and balancing of power within them?
(a) None of the text.
(b) Half of the text.
(c) Only a small portion of the text.
(d) Most of the text.
13. What is listed at the top of the pages in the beginning of the chapters?
(a) The major events discussed in the previous chapter.
(b) The major events discussed in the previous and next chapters.
(c) The major events discussed in the next chapter.
(d) The major events discussed in that chapter.
14. According to Xenophon's story, what is the best method for obtaining perspective?
15. Which one of the following was included in Polydams's speech about what he valued in a soldier?
(b) Intelligence under pressure.
(d) Durability under hardships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the description given to Dercylidas in this current section of the book?
2. What was a main factor of decision-making for the Spartans?
3. What caused the status of Athens to change?
4. How many total chapters are included in the book?
5. Which city was giving Phocis the most trouble?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)