|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name was given to the treaty for peace between the Greek cities?
(a) The King's Peaceful Treaty.
(b) The King's Treaty for Peace.
(c) The King's Peace.
(d) The Peace of the King.
2. In Chapter 5, how much of the text is dedicated to the military alliances and balancing of power within them?
(a) None of the text.
(b) Most of the text.
(c) Half of the text.
(d) Only a small portion of the text.
3. How does the woman respond to the advice about marriage that is given to the man?
(a) She somewhat disagrees with it.
(b) She strongly disagrees with it.
(c) She agrees with it.
(d) She is not present for the advice.
4. How weak did Jason think the King of Persia really was?
(a) He did not comment on the weakness.
(b) Weaker than the opposition thought.
(c) Just as weak as the opposition thought.
(d) Not as weak as the opposition thought.
5. Who was Dercylidas?
(a) A Macedonian commander.
(b) A Spartan commander.
(c) A Persian commander.
(d) A Theban commander.
6. Which city was giving Phocis the most trouble?
7. How wealthy was the King of Persia thought to be?
(a) The second richest man in the region.
(b) The second richest man in the city.
(c) The richest man in the city.
(d) The richest man in the region.
8. How often did Polydamas test his men?
9. What were the Arcadians encouraged to do?
(a) Have fewer laws.
(b) Have mercy.
(c) Have more laws.
(d) Have pride.
10. How is augury defined?
(a) Predicting a natural disaster.
(b) Reading omens.
(c) Reading the stars.
(d) Predicting the weather.
11. How many days should the command be rotated between Athens and Sparta, according to Procles?
12. What was taking place on the day of the massacre described by the author?
(a) A religious festival.
(b) A wedding.
(c) An election.
(d) A battle.
13. Where were the first Athenian-Spartan forces sent?
14. How many total chapters are included in the book?
15. According to Jason, what condition were the Persians taught?
Short Answer Questions
1. What statue provided inspiration for troops as they defeated the enemy without losing a single soldier?
2. How was Procles' speech received?
3. What reportedly followed a speech given by the commander, Archidamus, to his troops?
4. How was the massacre planned?
5. When did the Spartans make their animal sacrifice?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)