|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As depicted in Book 2, Chapter 5, what can the actions of one leader affect?
(a) A particular law.
(b) An entire city.
(c) Another leader.
(d) An entire country.
2. Which subdivision of Greece was raided as a result of a leader's invitation?
3. How many methods of decision-making are described by Xenophon?
4. What name was given to the treaty for peace between the Greek cities?
(a) The King's Peace.
(b) The Peace of the King.
(c) The King's Peaceful Treaty.
(d) The King's Treaty for Peace.
5. How was Procles' speech received?
(a) It impressed some, but drew objections from others.
(b) It drew objections from everyone.
(c) It received no response.
(d) It impressed everyone.
6. What did Polydamas do with men that he found to be in excellent military condition?
(a) He put them in the back lines.
(b) He rewarded them.
(c) He put them in the front lines.
(d) He made them captains.
7. Where did the raid take place, according to the second story of the fifth chapter of Book 2?
8. As noted by the editor, which city's re-establishment is not mentioned by the author?
9. What animal did the Spartans sacrifice in the example Xenophon gives?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A goat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A turkey.
10. How wealthy was the King of Persia thought to be?
(a) The richest man in the city.
(b) The richest man in the region.
(c) The second richest man in the region.
(d) The second richest man in the city.
11. How did Sparta respond to the request for help from Phocis?
(a) They attacked Phocis.
(b) They attempted to reason with the enemy of Phocis.
(c) They sent help to Phocis.
(d) They ignored Phocis.
12. What type of a massacre was committed?
(a) An expected attack.
(b) A surprise attack.
(c) A quick attack.
(d) A drawn out attack.
13. How many total chapters are included in the book?
14. How weak did Jason think the King of Persia really was?
(a) Just as weak as the opposition thought.
(b) Not as weak as the opposition thought.
(c) Weaker than the opposition thought.
(d) He did not comment on the weakness.
15. What other city's founding is not included by Xenophon, as pointed out by the editor?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Polydamas reward his men with honor and prestige?
2. What did Polydamas do with men who were lacking the preferred military skills?
3. In the adviser's opinion, what social class should the woman be?
4. How important was knowing a person's ally leaders in the stories told by Xenophon?
5. What caused the crisis of Phocis?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)