Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the raid take place, according to the second story of the fifth chapter of Book 2?
2. What did the Spartans do with Polydamas after they handled his request?
(a) They complimented him.
(b) They asked him to join their army.
(c) They sent him away.
(d) They ridiculed him.
3. What were the Arcadians encouraged to do?
(a) Have fewer laws.
(b) Have mercy.
(c) Have pride.
(d) Have more laws.
4. What type of operation is described in the beginning of Book 2, Chapter 5?
5. How is augury defined?
(a) Reading omens.
(b) Predicting the weather.
(c) Predicting a natural disaster.
(d) Reading the stars.
6. How wealthy was the King of Persia thought to be?
(a) The second richest man in the city.
(b) The richest man in the city.
(c) The richest man in the region.
(d) The second richest man in the region.
7. What caused the status of Athens to change?
(a) A lack of military.
(b) A lack of laws.
(c) Poor leadership.
(d) A civil war.
8. How are the efforts of the Spartans described after their animal sacrifice?
(a) It is unknown.
(c) They had some success and some failure.
9. What statue provided inspiration for troops as they defeated the enemy without losing a single soldier?
10. According to one man's advice, what should another man first consider when choosing a wife?
11. How many mercenaries did Polydamas claim to have available to him?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Six thousand.
(c) Two thousand.
(d) Eight thousand.
12. Which element(s) must be included in the ancient ritual sacrifices discussed in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The right entity and time.
(b) The right time and location.
(c) The right entity and location.
(d) The right entity, time, and location.
13. What city was the main focus of the massacre's intent?
14. How long after an agreement was reached, did the Spartans and the Athenians attack the Thebans?
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
15. How did Athens use its main strength?
(a) By instinct.
(b) Against all enemies.
(c) By necessity.
(d) Only against certain enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Polydamas's request for assistance described?
2. How many days should the command be rotated between Athens and Sparta, according to Procles?
3. What did Polydamas do with men who were lacking the preferred military skills?
4. In ancient times, how was the opposition of people chosen?
5. What was one main concern about Procles' proposal?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)