|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the reeds in the story?
(a) They were given to the soldiers.
(b) They disappeared.
(c) They were cut in half.
(d) They multiplied.
2. How long has the war been waging when the second chapter begins?
(a) Thirty years.
(b) Forty years.
(c) Twenty five years.
(d) Thirty five years.
3. Whom did Thibron enlist to help him with the actions that eventually caused his exile?
(a) His own men.
(b) Island natives.
(c) The enemy.
(d) Another city's army.
4. In Book 2, Chapter 2, how long is the story about a specific plan to raise money in the book?
(a) It is an average length.
(b) It is brief.
(c) It is long.
(d) It is long, but features several smaller segments.
5. What years do the events of the book take place?
(a) 400 and 402 B.C.
(b) 405 and 407 B.C.
(c) 406 and 409 B.C.
(d) 404 and 408 B.C.
6. What is found in the back of the book to help people understand military maneuvers better?
7. How was Thibron's exile first considered?
8. Who was responsible for the death of Mania?
(a) A rival politician.
(b) An enemy from another city.
(c) Her son-in-law.
(d) Her cousin.
9. Which one of the following does not describe Alcibiades as he is portrayed in the book?
10. What are the main events of the first chapter focused on?
(a) Military uniforms.
(b) Military language.
(c) Military procedures.
(d) Military battles.
11. Where was Alcibiades from?
12. How many ships were made available to Cyrus by his Spartan ally?
(a) An entire fleet.
(b) Two ships.
(c) Half of a fleet.
(d) Almost an entire fleet.
13. Which publishing company is used to present the summary for "A History of My Times"?
(b) Penguin Classics.
(c) John Hopkins University.
(d) Oxford World Classics.
14. What does George Cawkwell contribute to "A History of My Times"?
(a) He is the editor and writes the introduction.
(b) He writes the introduction.
(c) He is the translator.
(d) He is the editor.
15. What were some of the complaints about the men that Xenophon led in the military?
(a) They were not aggressive enough.
(b) They were too aggressive.
(c) They were undisciplined.
(d) They were over-disciplined.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Cyrus battle his brother?
2. What would cause the soldiers to abandon their original plot for raising money in the story told in the book?
3. What held the men that Xenophon led in the military together?
4. Which political leadership worked on the efforts to befriend the Spartans?
5. What is a satrap?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)