|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Cinadon meeting when he is arrested?
(a) An assistant.
(b) An enemy informant.
(c) A politician.
(d) A military leader.
2. What happened to the money that the sailors were promised?
(a) They only received a small portion of it.
(b) They received most of it, but not all of it.
(c) They did not receive it.
(d) They only received half of it.
3. Which one of the following is not included in the list of places where the most intense fighting occurs?
4. Where was Alcibiades from?
5. How many men was Xenophon in charge of during his service in the military?
(a) Five thousand.
(b) Fifteen thousand.
(c) Ten thousand.
(d) Twenty thousand.
6. What factor was heavily considered when choosing the ranks of military officers in ancient times?
(a) Marital status.
(c) Political affiliations.
7. Who was Alcibiades' mentor?
8. Why did Xenophon lead his men to serve in multiple-city states in the military?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) To get money.
(c) To get supplies.
(d) To get money and supplies.
9. What did the sailors do when they were not at war?
(a) It is not known.
(b) They took a vacation.
(c) They found work with another military.
(d) They found work in the area.
10. How did the soldiers express agreement on the plot to raise money?
(a) They followed the orders of their leader.
(b) Through a system.
(c) They did not agree on the plot.
(d) Through several battles.
11. What was the purpose of the trophies that were made?
(a) To observe certain victories and provide an incentive for armies.
(b) Neither to observe certain victories nor to provide an incentive for armies.
(c) To observe certain victories.
(d) To provide an incentive for armies.
12. How does Betty Radice suggest to readers that Xenophon's work should be read?
(a) As a memoir instead of straight history.
(b) As neither a memoir nor straight history.
(c) As straight history instead of a memoir.
(d) As both a memoir and straight history.
13. What promise did Mania make to her allies?
(a) To make all new laws.
(b) To listen to them.
(c) To bring them together.
(d) To remain loyal to them.
14. What years do the events of the book take place?
(a) 405 and 407 B.C.
(b) 400 and 402 B.C.
(c) 404 and 408 B.C.
(d) 406 and 409 B.C.
15. What is the main subject of the stories included in the "book of the book"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following works is referenced in the first chapter?
2. What is a satrap?
3. What type of allies did Mania have?
4. According to the Introductions, how opinionated was Xenophon?
5. Approximately how many pages of text does each chapter cover in "A History of My Times"?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)