|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Cyrus battle his brother?
2. What held the men that Xenophon led in the military together?
(a) The loyalty they had for the city.
(b) The loyalty they had for him and each other.
(c) The loyalty they had for him and the city.
(d) The loyalty that they had for each other.
3. What was the purpose of the trophies that were made?
(a) To observe certain victories and provide an incentive for armies.
(b) To provide an incentive for armies.
(c) Neither to observe certain victories nor to provide an incentive for armies.
(d) To observe certain victories.
4. How were the ships made available to Cyrus by a Spartan?
(b) Over a two month period.
(c) Over a two week period.
(d) One at a time.
5. What are the ships that Alcibiades led called?
6. Who was Alcibiades' mentor?
7. How many ships did Alcibiades lead?
(a) Forty to fifty.
(b) Twenty to forty.
(c) Five to ten.
(d) Ten to thirty.
8. What is the major issue of the second chapter?
9. How can the bibliography be described in "A History of My Times"?
(a) Extremely short.
(b) Slightly shorter than normal.
10. Which war is ending at the beginning of the fourth section?
(a) The Persian War.
(b) The Athenian civil war.
(c) The Peloponnesian War.
(d) The Trojan War.
11. Who was responsible for the death of Mania?
(a) Her son-in-law.
(b) A rival politician.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) An enemy from another city.
12. What is the main subject of the stories included in the "book of the book"?
13. What did being born into Knight class mean for Xenophon?
(a) He could afford to wear a uniform.
(b) He could afford a horse.
(c) He was allowed to write the laws.
(d) He was allowed to voice his opinion on the laws.
14. How often were trophies made in ancient Greece?
(a) After every battle.
(b) Only when time allowed.
(c) After most battles.
(d) Once every other battle.
15. What word best describes the description of the ancient forms of military ranking in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would cause the soldiers to abandon their original plot for raising money in the story told in the book?
2. According to Xenophon, how many brothers are at war with each other?
3. Which other historian's works did Xenophon have published?
4. What are the main events of the first chapter focused on?
5. Which publishing company is used to present the summary for "A History of My Times"?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)