|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Alcibiades from?
2. Which biographer included Xenophon in his works?
(c) Demetrius of Magnesia.
(d) Hermippus of Smyrna.
3. Where did Cyrus battle his brother?
4. In Book 2, Chapter 2, how long is the story about a specific plan to raise money in the book?
(a) It is long, but features several smaller segments.
(b) It is brief.
(c) It is long.
(d) It is an average length.
5. What word best describes the description of the ancient forms of military ranking in the book?
6. Which of the following works is referenced in the first chapter?
(a) The Republic.
(b) The Apology.
(c) The Symposium.
(d) The Laws.
7. What event did Mania join her mercenaries for?
(a) Battering down an enemy's walls.
(b) Giving out trophies after a victory.
(c) Planning strategies for the next attack.
(d) Appointing a new commander.
8. What is the major issue of the second chapter?
9. What is found in the back of the book to help people understand military maneuvers better?
10. When was Thibron exiled?
(a) One week before he returned to Sparta.
(b) The day before he returned to Sparta.
(c) Two days before he returned to Sparta.
(d) When he returned to Sparta.
11. What factor was heavily considered when choosing the ranks of military officers in ancient times?
(b) Political affiliations.
(d) Marital status.
12. How many politically sanctioned killings were there in the story told in Book 2, Chapter 2?
(a) More than ten.
(b) At least one.
(d) More than fifteen.
13. What happened to the money that the sailors were promised?
(a) They only received a small portion of it.
(b) They did not receive it.
(c) They received most of it, but not all of it.
(d) They only received half of it.
14. What is the fewest amount of ships involved in the water and shoreline battles of Chapter 1?
(a) Twenty five to thirty five.
(b) Ten to twenty.
(c) Twenty to twenty five.
(d) Five to ten.
15. Which publishing company is used to present the summary for "A History of My Times"?
(a) Penguin Classics.
(b) Oxford World Classics.
(d) John Hopkins University.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was responsible for the death of Mania?
2. Which of the following was one of the ways to raise money for a military campaign in ancient Greece?
3. Which political leadership worked on the efforts to befriend the Spartans?
4. Where is the bibliography located in "A History of My Times"?
5. What part of the military commanders motivated Xenophon to write the book?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)