|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event did Mania join her mercenaries for?
(a) Planning strategies for the next attack.
(b) Giving out trophies after a victory.
(c) Appointing a new commander.
(d) Battering down an enemy's walls.
2. Where did Cyrus battle his brother?
3. Which of the following works is referenced in the first chapter?
(a) The Apology.
(b) The Symposium.
(c) The Republic.
(d) The Laws.
4. How often does Xenophon describe the way money is raised?
(a) He describes how money is raised in every case except one.
(b) He describes how money is raised in every case.
(c) He describes how money is raised in three cases.
(d) In some cases, he does not describe how money is raised.
5. Where was Alcibiades from?
6. What is found in the back of the book to help people understand military maneuvers better?
7. Who was Alcibiades' mentor?
8. When was Thibron exiled?
(a) The day before he returned to Sparta.
(b) One week before he returned to Sparta.
(c) Two days before he returned to Sparta.
(d) When he returned to Sparta.
9. How many ships did Alcibiades lead?
(a) Twenty to forty.
(b) Forty to fifty.
(c) Ten to thirty.
(d) Five to ten.
10. What factor was heavily considered when choosing the ranks of military officers in ancient times?
(a) Marital status.
(c) Political affiliations.
11. Whom did Thibron enlist to help him with the actions that eventually caused his exile?
(a) The enemy.
(b) His own men.
(c) Island natives.
(d) Another city's army.
12. What is the fewest amount of ships involved in the water and shoreline battles of Chapter 1?
(a) Ten to twenty.
(b) Twenty five to thirty five.
(c) Five to ten.
(d) Twenty to twenty five.
13. How was Xenophon regarded as a military leader?
(a) He was not the best leader, but was able to lead effectively.
(b) He was the best leader in the military.
(c) He was the worst leader in the military.
(d) He was not the best leader, and was unable to lead effectively.
14. How many politically sanctioned killings were there in the story told in Book 2, Chapter 2?
(a) More than fifteen.
(b) At least one.
(c) More than ten.
15. What did the sailors do when they were not at war?
(a) They found work in the area.
(b) It is not known.
(c) They found work with another military.
(d) They took a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was one of the ways to raise money for a military campaign in ancient Greece?
2. Which publishing company is used to present the summary for "A History of My Times"?
3. How did the soldiers express agreement on the plot to raise money?
4. How is the bottom of the ranks characterized in the book?
5. What would cause the soldiers to abandon their original plot for raising money in the story told in the book?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)