|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were sailors able to live fairly well?
2. How many ships were made available to Cyrus by his Spartan ally?
(a) Half of a fleet.
(b) Two ships.
(c) An entire fleet.
(d) Almost an entire fleet.
3. What is found in the back of the book to help people understand military maneuvers better?
4. Who was Alcibiades' mentor?
5. What is the advice given by the editor to those people that do not appreciate the notes at the end of the Introduction?
(a) Read the first half of them before reading the work itself.
(b) Do not read the work itself.
(c) Pass over them and begin reading the work itself.
(d) Read them before reading the work itself.
6. Whom did Thibron enlist to help him with the actions that eventually caused his exile?
(a) The enemy.
(b) Another city's army.
(c) Island natives.
(d) His own men.
7. What were some of the complaints about the men that Xenophon led in the military?
(a) They were over-disciplined.
(b) They were too aggressive.
(c) They were undisciplined.
(d) They were not aggressive enough.
8. Where did Cyrus battle his brother?
9. Which of the following was one of the ways to raise money for a military campaign in ancient Greece?
(a) To borrow from a town.
(b) To sell parts from ships.
(c) To sell weapons.
(d) To plunder a town.
10. How were the ships made available to Cyrus by a Spartan?
(a) One at a time.
(c) Over a two week period.
(d) Over a two month period.
11. Which publishing company is used to present the summary for "A History of My Times"?
(b) Penguin Classics.
(c) Oxford World Classics.
(d) John Hopkins University.
12. What type of literature is Betty Radice known for?
13. What type of allies did Mania have?
(a) Neither military nor political allies.
(b) Both military and political allies.
(c) Only political allies.
(d) Only military allies.
14. How much did the men get from the politician at the end of the story in Chapter 2?
(a) Two month's wages.
(b) One month's wages.
(c) One week's wages.
(d) Two week's wages.
15. When were trophies made in ancient Greece?
(a) After the battles, when the winning army returned to their city.
(b) As needed, on the battlefields.
(c) Before the battles.
(d) Both before and after the battles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What held the men that Xenophon led in the military together?
2. What is the fewest amount of ships involved in the water and shoreline battles of Chapter 1?
3. What was Thibron's position in the Spartan military?
4. What event has Xenophon's works helped to clarify?
5. What years do the events of the book take place?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)