|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Alcibiades from?
2. Which of the following are distinct from the author in "A History of My Times"?
(a) The writer of the introduction and the editor.
(b) The translator and the editor.
(c) The translator, the editor, and the writer of the introduction.
(d) The translator and the writer of the introduction.
3. How many ships did Alcibiades lead?
(a) Twenty to forty.
(b) Ten to thirty.
(c) Forty to fifty.
(d) Five to ten.
4. What did Alcibiades enjoy?
(a) Embarrassing his mentor.
(b) Arguing with his mentor.
(c) Agreeing with his mentor.
(d) Ignoring his mentor.
5. In Book 2, Chapter 2, how long is the story about a specific plan to raise money in the book?
(a) It is an average length.
(b) It is long, but features several smaller segments.
(c) It is brief.
(d) It is long.
6. According to the Introductions, how opinionated was Xenophon?
(a) Xenophon did not give his opinions at all.
(b) More opinionated than the other authors of his time.
(c) Less opinionated than the other authors of his time.
(d) As opinionated as the other authors of his time.
7. Which other historian's works did Xenophon have published?
8. Which season was hard for the sailors?
9. How often were trophies made in ancient Greece?
(a) Only when time allowed.
(b) After every battle.
(c) After most battles.
(d) Once every other battle.
10. How were a majority of people in the military compensated in the classical era?
(a) They were paid moderately.
(b) They were paid abundantly.
(c) They were unpaid.
(d) They were paid very little.
11. How accessible is Xenophon's writing style for current readers?
(a) Very accessible.
(b) Mostly accessible.
(c) Somewhat accessible.
(d) Not accessible at all.
12. How were the ships made available to Cyrus by a Spartan?
(b) One at a time.
(c) Over a two month period.
(d) Over a two week period.
13. Which political leadership worked on the efforts to befriend the Spartans?
(a) The Pericles.
(b) The Dorians.
(c) The ephors.
(d) The assembly.
14. Which war is ending at the beginning of the fourth section?
(a) The Athenian civil war.
(b) The Persian War.
(c) The Trojan War.
(d) The Peloponnesian War.
15. What promise did Mania make to her allies?
(a) To remain loyal to them.
(b) To make all new laws.
(c) To bring them together.
(d) To listen to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the military commanders motivated Xenophon to write the book?
2. How many ships were made available to Cyrus by his Spartan ally?
3. Who was responsible for the death of Mania?
4. How was Xenophon regarded as a military leader?
5. What is the advice given by the editor to those people that do not appreciate the notes at the end of the Introduction?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)