|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 7, Book 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the Introductions, how opinionated was Xenophon?
(a) Xenophon did not give his opinions at all.
(b) More opinionated than the other authors of his time.
(c) Less opinionated than the other authors of his time.
(d) As opinionated as the other authors of his time.
2. Which one of the following was included in Polydams's speech about what he valued in a soldier?
(a) Intelligence under pressure.
(d) Durability under hardships.
3. How were Cyrus's military actions against his brother perceived?
(a) They were considered to be precedent.
(b) They were considered to be impulsive.
(c) They were considered to be unprecedented.
(d) They were considered to be well planned.
4. In Chapter 5, how much of the text is dedicated to the military alliances and balancing of power within them?
(a) Most of the text.
(b) Only a small portion of the text.
(c) Half of the text.
(d) None of the text.
5. Which of the following was one of the ways to raise money for a military campaign in ancient Greece?
(a) To sell parts from ships.
(b) To sell weapons.
(c) To borrow from a town.
(d) To plunder a town.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to one man's advice, what should another man first consider when choosing a wife?
2. Which element(s) must be included in the ancient ritual sacrifices discussed in Book 2, Chapter 5?
3. How was Thibron's exile first considered?
4. How long has the war been waging when the second chapter begins?
5. What did Alcibiades enjoy?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)