|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 6, Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How were a majority of people in the military compensated in the classical era?
(a) They were paid abundantly.
(b) They were paid very little.
(c) They were unpaid.
(d) They were paid moderately.
2. How many mercenaries did Polydamas claim to have available to him?
(a) Four thousand.
(b) Two thousand.
(c) Six thousand.
(d) Eight thousand.
3. Whom were the Spartans feuding with in the beginning of the sixth chapter of Book 2?
4. What is the main subject of the stories included in the "book of the book"?
5. How accessible is Xenophon's writing style for current readers?
(a) Somewhat accessible.
(b) Mostly accessible.
(c) Very accessible.
(d) Not accessible at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is found in the back of the book to help people understand military maneuvers better?
2. How many total chapters are included in the book?
3. How is the bottom of the ranks characterized in the book?
4. In Xenophon's story, what prompted an invitation for a raid?
5. What type of a massacre was committed?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)