|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 6, Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some of the complaints about the men that Xenophon led in the military?
(a) They were too aggressive.
(b) They were over-disciplined.
(c) They were undisciplined.
(d) They were not aggressive enough.
2. What was the purpose of the massacre?
(a) To cause an alliance.
(b) To prevent an attack.
(c) To prevent an alliance.
(d) To cause an attack.
3. What did Polydamas do with men that he found to be in excellent military condition?
(a) He rewarded them.
(b) He made them captains.
(c) He put them in the back lines.
(d) He put them in the front lines.
4. Which political leadership worked on the efforts to befriend the Spartans?
(a) The ephors.
(b) The Dorians.
(c) The Pericles.
(d) The assembly.
5. Which season was hard for the sailors?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mania shares her name with a Greek mythological personification. What has been named after this personification?
2. How many men was Xenophon in charge of during his service in the military?
3. What word best describes the description of the ancient forms of military ranking in the book?
4. What are the main events of the first chapter focused on?
5. How accessible is Xenophon's writing style for current readers?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)