|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 6, Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In ancient times, how was the opposition of people chosen?
2. Where did the politician give a speech in the story about the reeds?
(a) At only two ships.
(b) At every ship.
(c) At only one ship.
(d) At every other ship.
3. Mania shares her name with a Greek mythological personification. What has been named after this personification?
(a) Symptoms of mental illness.
(b) Characteristics of good fortune.
(c) A war ship.
(d) A fish.
4. What is the advice given by the editor to those people that do not appreciate the notes at the end of the Introduction?
(a) Pass over them and begin reading the work itself.
(b) Do not read the work itself.
(c) Read them before reading the work itself.
(d) Read the first half of them before reading the work itself.
5. How often did Polydamas test his men?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Spartans do with Polydamas after they handled his request?
2. How wealthy was the King of Persia thought to be?
3. In the adviser's opinion, what social class should the woman be?
4. Which subdivision of Greece was raided as a result of a leader's invitation?
5. What does George Cawkwell contribute to "A History of My Times"?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)