|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the bibliography located in "A History of My Times"?
(a) On the back cover.
(b) Before the main text.
(c) After the main text.
(d) Throughout the main text.
2. How many ships were made available to Cyrus by his Spartan ally?
(a) Half of a fleet.
(b) Almost an entire fleet.
(c) An entire fleet.
(d) Two ships.
3. What is significant about Alcibiades?
(a) He is the only name in the book that people educated in philosophy would not recognize.
(b) He is the first name mentioned in Chapter 1.
(c) He is the only name in the book that people educated in philosophy would recognize.
(d) He is the last name mentioned in Chapter 1.
4. What are the main events of the first chapter focused on?
(a) Military battles.
(b) Military procedures.
(c) Military uniforms.
(d) Military language.
5. What happened to the reeds in the story?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) They were given to the soldiers.
(c) They were cut in half.
(d) They multiplied.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Alcibiades enjoy?
2. How is the bottom of the ranks characterized in the book?
3. What factor was heavily considered when choosing the ranks of military officers in ancient times?
4. Which Spartan helped Cyrus by providing him with ships?
5. What is the advice given by the editor to those people that do not appreciate the notes at the end of the Introduction?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)