|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the politician give a speech in the story about the reeds?
(a) At every other ship.
(b) At every ship.
(c) At only two ships.
(d) At only one ship.
2. What was the incentive for women to serve in the ancient Greek military?
(a) They were paid before and after the battles they participate in.
(b) They were granted the rights of citizenship.
(c) They were given the power to make laws.
(d) They were eligible to rule a city after participating in battle.
3. How did the soldiers express agreement on the plot to raise money?
(a) Through a system.
(b) Through several battles.
(c) They did not agree on the plot.
(d) They followed the orders of their leader.
4. Whom did Thibron enlist to help him with the actions that eventually caused his exile?
(a) Island natives.
(b) The enemy.
(c) Another city's army.
(d) His own men.
5. Who was responsible for the death of Mania?
(a) An enemy from another city.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) A rival politician.
(d) Her son-in-law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were sailors able to live fairly well?
2. Which one of the following does not describe Alcibiades as he is portrayed in the book?
3. In what division of the military did Xenophon serve?
4. What was the reason for Thibron's exile?
5. What aspect of fund raising does Xenophon choose to focus on in the second chapter?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)