|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 3, Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long were the sailors able to live fairly well?
(a) Most of the year.
(b) Half of the year.
(c) One month out of the year.
(d) Not even one month out of the year.
2. How often does Xenophon describe the way money is raised?
(a) In some cases, he does not describe how money is raised.
(b) He describes how money is raised in three cases.
(c) He describes how money is raised in every case.
(d) He describes how money is raised in every case except one.
3. What is the fewest amount of ships involved in the water and shoreline battles of Chapter 1?
(a) Five to ten.
(b) Twenty five to thirty five.
(c) Ten to twenty.
(d) Twenty to twenty five.
4. What is significant about Alcibiades?
(a) He is the first name mentioned in Chapter 1.
(b) He is the only name in the book that people educated in philosophy would not recognize.
(c) He is the last name mentioned in Chapter 1.
(d) He is the only name in the book that people educated in philosophy would recognize.
5. Who was responsible for the death of Mania?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her son-in-law.
(c) An enemy from another city.
(d) A rival politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of fund raising does Xenophon choose to focus on in the second chapter?
2. Which well-known philosopher was Xenophon a contemporary of?
3. How long has the war been waging when the second chapter begins?
4. How was Thibron's exile first considered?
5. Which of the following was one of the ways to raise money for a military campaign in ancient Greece?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)