|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Xenophon begin his story?
(a) Similar to the way contemporary fiction writers begin.
(b) Slightly different from the way contemporary fiction writers begin.
(c) Slightly different from the way contemporary non-fiction writers begin.
(d) Similar to the way contemporary non-fiction writers begin.
2. What happened to the reeds in the story?
(a) They disappeared.
(b) They were given to the soldiers.
(c) They multiplied.
(d) They were cut in half.
3. Where is the bibliography located in "A History of My Times"?
(a) Before the main text.
(b) Throughout the main text.
(c) After the main text.
(d) On the back cover.
4. What event has Xenophon's works helped to clarify?
(a) The Trojan War.
(b) The Fall of the Roman Republic.
(c) Socrates' death.
(d) The Rise of the Roman Empire.
5. What type of literature is Betty Radice known for?
Short Answer Questions
1. When were trophies made in ancient Greece?
2. How long were the sailors able to live fairly well?
3. What happened to the money that the sailors were promised?
4. What held the men that Xenophon led in the military together?
5. What did the sailors do when they were not at war?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)