|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What aspect of fund raising does Xenophon choose to focus on in the second chapter?
(a) Stories, amounts, and solutions.
(b) Stories and solutions.
(c) Amounts and solutions.
(d) Stories and amounts.
2. What is each one of the chapters in the second book devoted to?
(a) The description of a different war ship.
(b) The description of a different city.
(c) The description of a different military leader.
(d) The description of a different battle.
3. What is the advice given by the editor to those people that do not appreciate the notes at the end of the Introduction?
(a) Read them before reading the work itself.
(b) Do not read the work itself.
(c) Read the first half of them before reading the work itself.
(d) Pass over them and begin reading the work itself.
4. How can the bibliography be described in "A History of My Times"?
(a) Slightly shorter than normal.
(c) Extremely short.
5. How were a majority of people in the military compensated in the classical era?
(a) They were unpaid.
(b) They were paid very little.
(c) They were paid moderately.
(d) They were paid abundantly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often were trophies made in ancient Greece?
2. In Book 2, Chapter 2, how long is the story about a specific plan to raise money in the book?
3. Which one of the following does not describe Alcibiades as he is portrayed in the book?
4. How accessible is Xenophon's writing style for current readers?
5. How many men was Xenophon in charge of during his service in the military?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)