|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 1, Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of the following is not included in the list of places where the most intense fighting occurs?
2. Which other historian's works did Xenophon have published?
3. What factor was heavily considered when choosing the ranks of military officers in ancient times?
(b) Marital status.
(d) Political affiliations.
4. Which of the following are distinct from the author in "A History of My Times"?
(a) The translator, the editor, and the writer of the introduction.
(b) The translator and the editor.
(c) The writer of the introduction and the editor.
(d) The translator and the writer of the introduction.
5. What part of the military commanders motivated Xenophon to write the book?
(a) Their virtues.
(b) Neither their virtues nor their vices.
(c) Their virtues and vices.
(d) Their vices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the ships that Alcibiades led called?
2. Which of the following works is referenced in the first chapter?
3. How can the bibliography be described in "A History of My Times"?
4. How was Xenophon regarded as a military leader?
5. Why did Xenophon lead his men to serve in multiple-city states in the military?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)