|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 1, Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alcibiades enjoy?
(a) Arguing with his mentor.
(b) Embarrassing his mentor.
(c) Agreeing with his mentor.
(d) Ignoring his mentor.
2. How accessible is Xenophon's writing style for current readers?
(a) Very accessible.
(b) Somewhat accessible.
(c) Mostly accessible.
(d) Not accessible at all.
3. What word best describes the description of the ancient forms of military ranking in the book?
4. Which of the following works is referenced in the first chapter?
(a) The Symposium.
(b) The Republic.
(c) The Apology.
(d) The Laws.
5. What audience is the book, "A History of My Times", trying to reach?
(a) Every audience.
(b) A non-academic audience.
(c) The book was only written as a personal memoir.
(d) An academic audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many pages of text does each chapter cover in "A History of My Times"?
2. What was the incentive for women to serve in the ancient Greek military?
3. What city did Xenophon represent in the military?
4. How many military leaders are discussed in the first chapter?
5. How can the bibliography be described in "A History of My Times"?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)