|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 2, Book 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What years do the events of the book take place?
(a) 400 and 402 B.C.
(b) 404 and 408 B.C.
(c) 406 and 409 B.C.
(d) 405 and 407 B.C.
2. How can the bibliography be described in "A History of My Times"?
(a) Extremely short.
(c) Slightly shorter than normal.
3. What did Alcibiades enjoy?
(a) Embarrassing his mentor.
(b) Agreeing with his mentor.
(c) Arguing with his mentor.
(d) Ignoring his mentor.
4. How often does Xenophon describe the way money is raised?
(a) In some cases, he does not describe how money is raised.
(b) He describes how money is raised in three cases.
(c) He describes how money is raised in every case except one.
(d) He describes how money is raised in every case.
5. How did the soldiers express agreement on the plot to raise money?
(a) They did not agree on the plot.
(b) Through a system.
(c) Through several battles.
(d) They followed the orders of their leader.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what division of the military did Xenophon serve?
2. What would cause the soldiers to abandon their original plot for raising money in the story told in the book?
3. What is the fewest amount of ships involved in the water and shoreline battles of Chapter 1?
4. Where is the bibliography located in "A History of My Times"?
5. What event has Xenophon's works helped to clarify?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)