|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 4, Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were some of the complaints about the men that Xenophon led in the military?
(a) They were undisciplined.
(b) They were not aggressive enough.
(c) They were over-disciplined.
(d) They were too aggressive.
2. What was the reason for the Spartans' animal sacrifice?
(a) Bad weather.
(c) To celebrate.
(d) To serve as a warning.
3. Which of the following was one of the ways to raise money for a military campaign in ancient Greece?
(a) To plunder a town.
(b) To sell weapons.
(c) To borrow from a town.
(d) To sell parts from ships.
4. How are the efforts of the Spartans described after their animal sacrifice?
(b) It is unknown.
(d) They had some success and some failure.
5. What word best describes the description of the ancient forms of military ranking in the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book 2, Chapter 2, how long is the story about a specific plan to raise money in the book?
2. Which publishing company is used to present the summary for "A History of My Times"?
3. What aspect of fund raising does Xenophon choose to focus on in the second chapter?
4. What is the advice given by the editor to those people that do not appreciate the notes at the end of the Introduction?
5. How was the massacre planned?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)