|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 4, Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the ships that Alcibiades led called?
2. Which one of the following does not describe Alcibiades as he is portrayed in the book?
3. How did the politician first approach the reeds dilemma in the story?
(a) He only confronted the military leaders.
(b) He only confronted the soldiers.
(c) He avoided confronting anyone.
(d) He confronted both the soldiers and military leaders.
4. How often does Xenophon describe the way money is raised?
(a) In some cases, he does not describe how money is raised.
(b) He describes how money is raised in every case.
(c) He describes how money is raised in every case except one.
(d) He describes how money is raised in three cases.
5. What part of the military commanders motivated Xenophon to write the book?
(a) Their virtues.
(b) Neither their virtues nor their vices.
(c) Their virtues and vices.
(d) Their vices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What audience is the book, "A History of My Times", trying to reach?
2. In the adviser's opinion, what social class should the woman be?
3. What is significant about Alcibiades?
4. Where were sailors able to live fairly well?
5. How was Xenophon regarded as a military leader?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)