|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 4, Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which season was hard for the sailors?
2. What years do the events of the book take place?
(a) 405 and 407 B.C.
(b) 406 and 409 B.C.
(c) 404 and 408 B.C.
(d) 400 and 402 B.C.
3. How many ships were made available to Cyrus by his Spartan ally?
(a) An entire fleet.
(b) Two ships.
(c) Almost an entire fleet.
(d) Half of a fleet.
4. Who was responsible for the death of Mania?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) A rival politician.
(c) An enemy from another city.
(d) Her son-in-law.
5. In the adviser's opinion, what social class should the woman be?
(a) Her class is irrelevant.
(b) Below the class of the man she marries.
(c) Above the class of the man she marries.
(d) Similar to the class of the man she marries.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Xenophon describe the way money is raised?
2. What word best describes the description of the ancient forms of military ranking in the book?
3. How long were the sailors able to live fairly well?
4. What city was the main focus of the massacre's intent?
5. According to Xenophon, how many brothers are at war with each other?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)