|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, A History of My Times : Chapter 4, Book 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of a massacre was committed?
(a) A quick attack.
(b) A surprise attack.
(c) An expected attack.
(d) A drawn out attack.
2. What is found in the back of the book to help people understand military maneuvers better?
3. How did the soldiers express agreement on the plot to raise money?
(a) They followed the orders of their leader.
(b) They did not agree on the plot.
(c) Through several battles.
(d) Through a system.
4. How does Betty Radice suggest to readers that Xenophon's work should be read?
(a) As a memoir instead of straight history.
(b) As straight history instead of a memoir.
(c) As neither a memoir nor straight history.
(d) As both a memoir and straight history.
5. How did Xenophon begin his story?
(a) Similar to the way contemporary non-fiction writers begin.
(b) Slightly different from the way contemporary non-fiction writers begin.
(c) Similar to the way contemporary fiction writers begin.
(d) Slightly different from the way contemporary fiction writers begin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event has Xenophon's works helped to clarify?
2. What is the fewest amount of ships involved in the water and shoreline battles of Chapter 1?
3. How many military leaders are discussed in the first chapter?
4. What is the largest number of ships discussed in the battles of the first chapter?
5. What were trophies often made out of?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)