|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In _________, a group of Jews, called Zionists, fled from Russia and settled in Palestine.
2. What does Armstrong notice is happening to the churches in Europe?
3. The greatest example of the coming scientific revolution was ____________.
4. What movement does Armstrong identify as a possible direction for a new philosophy for religion and God?
5. Why were Jews and Muslims able to accept Darwin's theories?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Christianity spread quickly.
Part 1) Why did it spread quickly? How did it spread quickly?
Part 2) What is the connection between this spreading of Christianity and Judaism?
Part 3) Why was Christianity accepted by the governing Romans? What does this later mean for both Christians and Romans?
Essay Topic 2
Armstrong uses historical and Biblical texts to describe the evolution of Yahweh.
Part 1) Who is Yahweh? How does Yahweh evolve? Why is this information important to this book?
Part 2) Why is this type of deity necessary? Is it still necessary today? Why or why not?
Part 3) How do the events in history influence the evolution of Yahweh? What does this say about the stability of Yahweh, as well as other deities, and religion as a whole?
Essay Topic 3
Armstrong asks the question of whether God has a future.
Part 1) What is Armstrong's survey of our world today? How does she validate her points?
Part 2) What does Armstrong believe mankind should do regarding their beliefs about God? Why?
Part 3) What strong movements does Armstrong see in each religion? How does she feel about these movements? Why does she feel this way? How do you feel about these movements? How do you see them affecting mankind?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)