|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are theories and philosophies not designed to convince unbelievers?
(a) There were, at that point in time, no people called atheists.
(b) All people were atheists.
(c) All people were Christians.
(d) There were, at that point in time, no people called agnostics.
2. What does the Koran mean?
(a) The Word.
(b) The Song.
(c) The Recital.
(d) The Prayer.
3. The emergence of the cult of Jesus from the established church of Judaism was accompanied by passionate dispute, and many disciples of Jesus ____________.
(a) Remained within the conventional Jewish faith.
(b) Left the Jewish faith.
(c) Started their own religion.
(d) Lost faith in religion.
4. What is the Kabah?
(a) A religious book.
(b) A shrine in the center of Mecca.
(c) A prayer.
(d) A temple.
5. The earliest account of this man's life is found ____________.
(a) In the Gospel of St. Matthew.
(b) In the Gospel of St Mark.
(c) In the Gospel of St. Luke.
(d) In the Gospel of St. John.
6. Other religious traditions such as the Buddhist tradition insist that the Absolute is ______________.
(b) An intrinsic part of human nature.
(c) A separate entity.
(d) A human being.
7. What was a consequence of the doctrine of Incarnation?
(a) It diminished the danger of idolatry.
(b) It removed the danger of idolatry.
(c) It added to the danger of idolatry.
(d) It did not affect the danger of idolatry.
8. The development of conflicting philosophies of the nature and existence of God took place against the backdrop of ____________.
(a) The Third Crusade.
(b) The First Crusade.
(c) The Second Crusade.
(d) The Fourth Crusade.
9. What did this message lead to?
(a) A rift with the Quraysh in Mecca.
(b) An agreement with the Quraysh in Mecca.
(c) A rift with the Sunnis in Mecca.
(d) An agreement with the Faylasufs.
10. The question that was resolved at a synod was called by the Emperor Constantine at __________.
11. What was the belief in question?
(a) Whether God existed.
(b) Whether creation took seven days.
(c) Whether man needed God.
(d) Whether or not Jesus was a human person or part of the godhead.
12. The application of their method to the Koran was also influenced by ____________ teachings.
(a) Persian, Indian, and Gnostic.
(b) Persian, Buddhist, and Hindu.
(c) Christian, Jewish, and Buddhist.
(d) Jewish, Gnostic, and Hindu.
13. What vision did Muhammad experience?
(a) A vision of God.
(b) A vision of the Angel Gabriel.
(c) A vision of Jesus.
(d) A vision of Satan.
14. When was this account written?
(a) Ten years after Jesus' death.
(b) One hundred years after Jesus' death.
(c) Eighty years after Jesus' death.
(d) Forty years after Jesus' death.
15. Muhammad instructed his followers to prostrate themselves in the direction of the Kabah in Mecca instead of at ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. There was now an emergence of Muslim studies in the fields of ____________.
2. What became clear to Muhammad regarding the majority of Jews in Medina?
3. The Romans, initially regarded Christianity as _____________.
4. Who is Bernard?
5. What tribe was Muhammad a member of?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)