|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christianity was a religion of __________.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) Slaves and lower caste people.
2. In the early years of his mission, Muhammad gathered many converts, especially from among ____________.
(a) The younger generation.
(b) The non-Muslim generation.
(c) Female groups.
(d) The older generation.
3. What happened almost immediately to the newly established Christian Church in the Roman Empire?
(a) It unified.
(b) It spread.
(c) It was split by a fierce controversy.
(d) It ended.
4. What tribe was Muhammad a member of?
5. This competing philosophy formed the basis of the theology of __________.
(a) The Eastern Orthodox Church.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Lutheran Church.
(d) The Mormon Church.
6. What story did Muhammad learn from another cultural group?
(a) The story of Joseph, Jacob's favorite son.
(b) The story of Noah and the Ark.
(c) The story of Cain and Abel.
(d) The story of Ishmael, Abraham's eldest son, who had participated in the foundation of the Kabah.
7. What did this message lead to?
(a) An agreement with the Quraysh in Mecca.
(b) A rift with the Quraysh in Mecca.
(c) A rift with the Sunnis in Mecca.
(d) An agreement with the Faylasufs.
8. The question that was resolved at a synod was called by the Emperor Constantine at __________.
9. Why are theories and philosophies not designed to convince unbelievers?
(a) There were, at that point in time, no people called atheists.
(b) There were, at that point in time, no people called agnostics.
(c) All people were atheists.
(d) All people were Christians.
10. The early followers of Jesus prayed _____________.
(a) In their own temples.
(b) They did not pray.
(c) In the temple alongside other Jews.
(d) In their homes.
11. What was considered blasphemous by Jews and later by Muslims?
(a) God the Father.
(b) The Trinity.
(c) The Ark of the Covenant.
(d) Manifest Destiny.
12. Muhammad experienced his epiphany during ___________.
(a) The Purin retreat of 610.
(b) The Ramadan retreat of 610.
(c) The Passover season of 610.
(d) The Christmas season of 610.
13. According to Karen Armstrong's research, did this man claim to be God?
(a) Only at first.
14. A consequence of God being presumed to exist as a separate external entity is that he assumes the attributes of _______________.
(a) A human being.
(b) A king.
(c) A god.
15. Is any further development of revelation possible in Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. By resolving the question of whether Jesus was human or divine, Christians inevitably had to conclude that _______.
2. The emergence of the cult of Jesus from the established church of Judaism was accompanied by passionate dispute, and many disciples of Jesus ____________.
3. The earliest account of this man's life is found ____________.
4. What was a consequence of the doctrine of Incarnation?
5. What is the belief stated in this doctrine?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)