Short Answer Key
1. Using historical and biblical texts, Armstrong describes the evolution of ________________.
Yahweh, the God of Israel.
2. Where do various prophets emerge who enunciated the message from Yahweh?
In the Temple of Judah.
3. Isaiah proclaimed the forthcoming devastation of the peoples of Israel but simultaneously promised them _______.
Eventual victory and survival.
4. The role of Yahweh now assumed the role of ________________.
Lord and master of history.
5. Was Yahweh still only a champion and defender of a specific people?
No, he would also visit punishments on them for their transgressions.
6. As Yahweh began to assume a more patriarchal role, what happened to women as the prophets developed their image of God?
They were becoming marginalized,
7. The practice of pagan worship continued ____________.
In the sacred Temple.
8. Canaanite fertility rituals flourished and there were even attempts to ascribe...
This section contains 3,073 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)