|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Unity: The God of Islam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There was now an emergence of Muslim studies in the fields of ____________.
(a) Astrology, alchemy, and art.
(b) Music, art, and literature.
(c) Art, science, and technology.
(d) Astronomy, alchemy, medicine, and mathematics.
2. Muhammad came under the influence of __________, some of whom were well disposed towards him.
3. Prior to Augustine's conversion to Christianity, he had repulsed any idea of __________.
4. The earliest account of this man's life is found ____________.
(a) In the Gospel of St. Matthew.
(b) In the Gospel of St Mark.
(c) In the Gospel of St. Luke.
(d) In the Gospel of St. John.
5. How is the Kabah regarded?
(a) As the most important prayer in Arabia.
(b) As the most important temple in Arabia.
(c) As the most important religious book in Arabia.
(d) As the most important shrine in Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the seventh century CE, Muhammad's tribe was emerging from the obscurity of nomadic life in the desert to ________________.
2. The emergence of the cult of Jesus from the established church of Judaism was accompanied by passionate dispute, and many disciples of Jesus ____________.
3. When was this account written?
4. Possibly under the influence of the collapsing Roman Empire and the consequent beginning of an epoch of chaos, what ideas did Augustine develop?
5. What does the Koran mean?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)