|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Unity: The God of Islam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the newly founded religion of Christianity spread quickly?
(a) In Europe.
(b) Places in the Eastern Mediterranean where the Jews of the diaspora had settled.
(c) In the middle east.
(d) In Spain.
2. When was this account written?
(a) Ten years after Jesus' death.
(b) Eighty years after Jesus' death.
(c) Forty years after Jesus' death.
(d) One hundred years after Jesus' death.
3. What is the belief stated in this doctrine?
(a) The world was created by God from nothing.
(b) The world was created by man.
(c) The world was created by accident.
(d) The world was created by God in seven days.
4. Why are theories and philosophies not designed to convince unbelievers?
(a) There were, at that point in time, no people called agnostics.
(b) All people were atheists.
(c) There were, at that point in time, no people called atheists.
(d) All people were Christians.
5. The Jews tried to modify this theory ____________.
(a) To allow God more time to create the world.
(b) To allow God to have more control.
(c) To allow God a certain degree of spontaneity and free will.
(d) To allow God more power over humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Muhammad instructed his followers to prostrate themselves in the direction of the Kabah in Mecca instead of at ____________.
2. A counter movement came into being when the Shiis declared ____________.
3. A similar intellectual movement developed among the Jews in the Islamic empire who did not accept the doctrine of ____________.
4. In 312 CE, the emperor Constantine _____________.
5. What did this message lead to?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)