|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Unity: The God of Islam.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christianity became the state religion of ___________.
(a) The Persian Empire.
(b) The Ottoman Empire.
(c) The Roman Empire.
2. At this synod, the modern Christian creed, called ________ was first promulgated.
(a) The Nicaea Creed.
(b) The Nice Creed.
(c) The Constantine Creed.
(d) The Nicene Creed.
3. In the early years of his mission, Muhammad gathered many converts, especially from among ____________.
(a) Female groups.
(b) The non-Muslim generation.
(c) The younger generation.
(d) The older generation.
4. There was now an emergence of Muslim studies in the fields of ____________.
(a) Astrology, alchemy, and art.
(b) Art, science, and technology.
(c) Music, art, and literature.
(d) Astronomy, alchemy, medicine, and mathematics.
5. The ___________ Empire in the ninth century, Greek science and philosophy exerted a strong influence on Arab culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Thomas Aquinas made a lasting contribution to Western Christianity by trying to synthesize ____________.
2. The Jews tried to modify this theory ____________.
3. Initially, Muhammad's message was to warn the Quraysh about ____________.
4. What story did Muhammad learn from another cultural group?
5. The Falsafa movement reached its peak with the work of ____________.
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)