|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of God?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Christianity attempted to qualify the highly personalized cult of God incarnate by introducing ____________.
(a) The doctrine of the impersonal God.
(b) The doctrine of the one and only God.
(c) The doctrine of the impersonal Trinity.
(d) The doctrine of the transpersonal Trinity.
2. All three monotheistic religions were forced to develop ____________ traditions?
3. What is a spiritual longing for the redemption of Israel as foretold by the ancient prophets?
4. Who is a distinguished Muslim philosopher in Cordova, Spain who had an enormous influence on both Jews and Christians and specifically on theologians such as Thomas Aquinas and Albert the Great?
(a) Abu Allah Hasid.
(b) Abu Ali ibn Sina.
(c) Abu Hassan Husein.
(d) Abu Walid ibn Ahmad ibn Rushd.
5. Other religious traditions such as the Buddhist tradition insist that the Absolute is ______________.
(a) An intrinsic part of human nature.
(b) A separate entity.
(d) A human being.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was the idea of a personal God developed by all three of the monotheistic religions?
2. Karen Armstrong passionately believes that human beings have, in the 4000 years of the quest delineated in her book, always sought ____________.
3. What two philosophers had competing ideas regarding the nature of the Christian God?
4. More and more writers and philosophers struggle to develop ideas which might replace ____________.
5. To rationalize the shock of his death by crucifixion, his followers subscribed to the belief that ________.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)