|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Death of God?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The development of conflicting philosophies of the nature and existence of God took place against the backdrop of ____________.
(a) The Fourth Crusade.
(b) The Second Crusade.
(c) The First Crusade.
(d) The Third Crusade.
2. In Judaism, mysticism developed in the second and third centuries starting with ____________.
(a) The God of Mysticism.
(b) The Throne Mysticism.
(c) The God Incarnate.
(d) The Throne of God.
3. The scientific work of Charles Darwin and the writings of Marx, Nietzsche, and Freud led to the conclusion that ____________.
(a) The traditional religions were completely inaccurate.
(b) The traditional religions were blasphemous.
(c) The traditional religions were correct.
(d) The traditional religions were now inadequate.
4. In the Western world, the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries saw the development of entirely new cultures stemming from ____________.
(a) The Medieval Period.
(b) The Italian Renaissance and the beginning of the scientific discoveries.
(c) The Baroque Period.
(d) The Northern Renaissance.
5. After the first three years, Muhammad's message transformed into _______________.
(a) Al-Lah, the High God, precluded worship of the ancient cults.
(b) Al-Lah, the High God, is the same God as the Jews.
(c) Al-Lah, the High God, is only for Muslims.
(d) Al-Lah, the High God, is the most powerful of all gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The application of their method to the Koran was also influenced by ____________ teachings.
2. What became clear to Muhammad regarding the majority of Jews in Medina?
3. What approach to religion does Armstrong advocate?
4. What removes God from the personal human category to transcend the human attributes?
5. There was now an emergence of Muslim studies in the fields of ____________.
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)