Chapter One, Du Cote de Chez Beaver
• Mrs. Beaver speaks with her son, John Beaver, one late morning. They enjoyed luxury until Mrs. Beaver's husband died.
• John Beaver, known as Beaver, is twenty-five-years old and has no job.
• He remains connected to the upper class through invitation. Beaver is spending the weekend with Tony and Brenda Last.
• Beaver remains at home and is hopeful that he is being invited out when he gets a call from a woman named Lady Tipping.
• Beaver is hopeful that he will be invited out when he gets a call from a woman named Lady Tipping.
• Lady Tipping is calling to get the name of one of his associates, Jock Grant-Menzies.
• Beaver goes to the Brat's Club where younger men enjoy drinking and cards without the traditional older man stigma.
• Beaver and Jock speak about Tony and Brenda Last before Jock tricks Beaver...
This section contains 2,382 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)