|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling is the author surprised to discover that grief resembles?
2. How does Lewis think his friends react to talking about H.?
(a) Without sympathy.
(b) With embarrassment.
(c) With eagerness.
(d) With sorrow.
3. What does the author finally decide in Chapter Four he must get on with accomplishing?
(a) Finishing his book.
(b) Rediscovering happiness.
(c) Continuing his career.
(d) Following the two great commandments.
4. According to the author, what would happen if two lovers died at the exact some moment?
(a) They would go to Heaven together.
(b) They would not recognize each other.
(c) It would be as if they never died.
(d) They would still die alone.
5. What does it mean if there is a good God, according to the author?
(a) Suffering is a human invention.
(b) Human beings do not suffer.
(c) Human suffering is necessary.
(d) Human suffering is unnecessary.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what sense does the author feel isolated from his wife?
2. What does the author think about people who are not offended by iconoclasm?
3. When will the author know if his restored faith is solid?
4. At the very end of the second chapter, to what or whom does the author compare himself?
5. To what ultimate fate does the author resign himself?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)