|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author think happens to our memories of people?
(a) We completely forget people.
(b) The memories change over time.
(c) The memories become more clear.
(d) The memories act as substitutes for the people.
2. To what ultimate fate does the author resign himself?
(b) Life with God.
(c) Understanding the meaning of life and death.
(d) Reunion with H.
3. What purpose do images of H. serve for the author?
(a) They remind the author of H.'s exact presence.
(b) They remind the author of God.
(c) They bring Christ to mind.
(d) They are links.
4. What does the author finally decide in Chapter Four he must get on with accomplishing?
(a) Continuing his career.
(b) Following the two great commandments.
(c) Finishing his book.
(d) Rediscovering happiness.
5. In Chapter Three, to what does the author compare faith?
(a) A dream state.
(b) A mysterious friendship.
(c) A game of chess.
(d) A game of bridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the author rereads his reflections, how does he react?
2. What do Bridge-players tell the author makes the game serious?
3. How does the author say a mother who has lost a child responds to words of comfort about where the child is?
4. Who tries to comfort Lewis with a biblical story about Jesus?
5. What did the Incarnation achieve, according to the author?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)