|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second chapter, what person does the author come to realize he had little confidence in?
(a) The author's children.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) B. R.
2. How does the author say a mother who has lost a child responds to words of comfort about where the child is?
(a) She wants to join the child.
(b) She is not comforted.
(c) She is grateful.
(d) She is relieved.
3. What can the author's grief and memories never achieve?
(a) Giving the author comfort.
(b) Easing or aggravating H.'s past anguish.
(c) Restoring the author's faith in God.
(d) Bringing H. back.
4. What is the only thing the author thinks matters about his anger toward God?
(a) That the author's anger is justified.
(b) That his anger could bring H. back.
(c) That the author release his anger.
(d) That God is a healer or a sadist.
5. What does it mean if there is a good God, according to the author?
(a) Human suffering is necessary.
(b) Suffering is a human invention.
(c) Human suffering is unnecessary.
(d) Human beings do not suffer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the author view the world that H. left behind?
2. What accounts for a mother's response to comforting words regarding a lost child?
3. What will happen every time the author builds a new house of cards?
4. When the author rereads his reflections, how does he react?
5. To what length would the author have gone if it could have cured H.'s cancer?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)