|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Three, why does the author conclude he wants H. back?
(a) Because the author is selfish.
(b) To prove that God is all-powerful.
(c) So the author's children will have their mother.
(d) To restore the author's past.
2. To what does the author compare falling in love with H.'s memory?
(c) The next best thing to having H. with him.
3. Why does the author ask God to treat H. tenderly?
(a) Because of her terrible suffering in life.
(b) Because only God can make H. happy.
(c) Because the author can no longer help her.
(d) Because everyone should be treated tenderly by God.
4. At the beginning of Chapter Four, what impossible result does the author admit he thought his records could achieve?
(a) Bring happiness to his children.
(b) End the author's grief.
(c) Bring H. back.
(d) Make a map of sorrow.
5. At the end of Chapter Two, what does the author think about his reflections?
(a) That the author is close to understanding why his wife died.
(b) That he is growing closer to God.
(c) They are senseless.
(d) That God will answer all of the author's questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the source of the author's problem?
2. Why does the author think that grief feels like suspense?
3. What purpose do images of H. serve for the author?
4. In the first chapter, who does the author say had died several years ago?
5. Where is Jesus's agony on the cross recorded?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)