|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality did the author admire so much about H.?
(a) Her wisdom.
(b) Her detachment.
(c) Her sense of humor.
(d) Her love for their children.
2. What kinds of mortal questions does the author think that God cannot answer?
(a) Questions about life and death.
(b) Nonsense questions.
(c) Questions about Christ.
(d) Questions about love.
3. What is the only thing, according to the author, that tests the reality of a belief?
(a) A real risk.
4. What does the author say is one of the miracles of love?
(a) The power to see through enchantments.
(b) The ability to explain.
(c) The power of forgiveness.
(d) The gift of healing.
5. What does the author say is the obvious danger of images?
(a) They make people crazy.
(b) They do not look like their subjects.
(c) They are not the real thing.
(d) They fade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author's friends call him?
2. In Chapter Three, to what does the author compare faith?
3. What does the author think is the worst thing he could wish for H.?
4. What does the author think might be true about his unconscious?
5. What kind of understanding did the author have of H.'s dying?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)