|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom has the author had no difficulty praying?
(a) His wife.
(b) His children.
(d) Those who have died other than his wife.
2. How does the author say a mother who has lost a child responds to words of comfort about where the child is?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She wants to join the child.
(c) She is not comforted.
(d) She is grateful.
3. What does the author think might be true about his unconscious?
(a) That it is less primitive than his consciousness.
(b) That it is more primitive than the author's consciousness.
(c) That it is an unfathomable mystery.
(d) That only God understands it.
4. For the author, what are human characterizations of God?
(b) Accurate descriptions.
(c) Grandiose characterizations.
5. What feeling is the author surprised to discover that grief resembles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did H. say so often?
2. In Chapter Three, why does the author conclude he wants H. back?
3. What kinds of mortal questions does the author think that God cannot answer?
4. To what ultimate fate does the author resign himself?
5. What can the author's grief and memories never achieve?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)