|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author walk all he can?
(a) To avoid his feelings.
(b) For his physical health.
(c) So he can go to bed tired.
(d) To work off his frustration.
2. In Chapter Four, what does the author decide loving H. is like?
(a) Loving the author's self.
(b) Loving God.
(c) Loving a memory.
(d) Loving a lie.
3. How does the author say that people react to someone in a room with them?
(a) As if the person already is dead.
(b) To the truth of the person.
(c) As if the person is God.
(d) To an idea of the person.
4. At the very end of the second chapter, to what or whom does the author compare himself?
(a) The Prodigal Son.
(b) A ship missing an engine.
(d) A missing link.
5. Where does the author feel his loss the most?
(a) In his home.
(b) At the park.
(c) At work.
(d) In his body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What aspect of an afterlife does the author say differs completely from this life?
2. What does the author think might be true about his unconscious?
3. What practical problem did H.'s death solve?
4. Who is the source of the author's problem?
5. At the end of Chapter Two, what does the author think about his reflections?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)