|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When will the author know if his restored faith is solid?
(a) When the next tragic blow comes.
(b) When he no longer misses H.
(c) When he returns to church.
(d) When he prays daily.
2. What metaphor does the author use to describe the strength of his belief of H.'s continuing existence?
(a) An automobile.
(b) A grave stone.
(c) A book.
(d) A rope.
3. At the very end of the second chapter, to what or whom does the author compare himself?
(b) A missing link.
(c) The Prodigal Son.
(d) A ship missing an engine.
4. What does the author think that H. would have thought must happen to weak faith?
(a) That such faith must be knocked down.
(b) That weak faith has to grow stronger.
(c) That such faith must be held closely.
(d) Religion must build up such faith.
5. In what sense does the author feel isolated from his wife?
(a) He cannot enter into her experience of dying.
(b) She cannot come home from the hospital.
(c) He thinks she will not miss him.
(d) He cannot express his fears to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action does the author say is useless if God hurts to heal?
2. In what sense does the author agree that H. is with God, as some friends say?
3. If death is real, what does the author conclude about it?
4. Of what disease did H. die?
5. What does the author say is human history's cruel joke?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)