|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the author view the world that H. left behind?
(b) Uninteresting and trivial.
2. What religious form would an introduction of a bad God take, according to the author?
(a) An Eastern religious idea.
(b) Distorted Anglican theology.
(c) A Roman Catholic idea.
(d) A sort of extreme Calvinism.
3. In Chapter Two, of whom does the author decide he needs to think more?
(d) His children.
4. How does Lewis begin his reflections?
(a) By describing his friends' reactions.
(b) By weeping.
(c) By describing his physical and mental state.
(d) By shouting at God.
5. In Chapter Three, to what does the author compare faith?
(a) A dream state.
(b) A game of chess.
(c) A game of bridge.
(d) A mysterious friendship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does the author use to describe the strength of his belief of H.'s continuing existence?
2. To what does the author compare falling in love with H.'s memory?
3. To what does the author compare clinging to the memory of one who has died?
4. In the early stage of the author's grief, what was one emotion he felt toward God?
5. What does the author think about a God who has created a world of so much beauty?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)