|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the author compare clinging to the memory of one who has died?
(a) Cold grave stones.
(b) Death itself.
(c) Snow falling on objects, covering their identities.
2. In what sense does the author agree that H. is with God, as some friends say?
(a) Like God, the author must believe H. exists without proof.
(b) Like God, H. responds to prayer.
(c) Like God, H. is all-knowing.
(d) Like God, H. is unimaginable.
3. What ancient civilization thought that embalming the dead lessened death's effect?
(a) Egyptian civilization.
(b) Roman civilization.
(c) Grecian civilization.
(d) Celtic civilization.
4. How long were the author and H. married?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three years.
5. Of what emotion does grief remind the author?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Why have you forsaken me?"
2. In what way does the author crave to be touched by H.?
3. Of what disease did H. die?
4. How does Lewis begin his reflections?
5. In what discipline was the author educated?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)