|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say combats the idea of God's mindless cruelty?
(b) Memories of lost loved ones.
(c) The promise of heaven.
2. How does Lewis begin his reflections?
(a) By shouting at God.
(b) By describing his physical and mental state.
(c) By weeping.
(d) By describing his friends' reactions.
3. What does the author conclude about the way that lovers feel about the other one's death?
(a) The feelings are in opposition.
(b) The feelings are complementary.
(c) The feelings are overpowering.
(d) The feelings are exactly the same.
4. Where does the author feel his loss the most?
(a) At the park.
(b) In his home.
(c) In his body.
(d) At work.
5. What happens when the author tries to remember H.'s face?
(a) His memory is crystal clear.
(b) He sees her as if she is still alive.
(c) He cannot recall what she looked like.
(d) Her face is not clear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is H.'s real name?
2. What sense does the first chapter end with?
3. What quality did the author admire so much about H.?
4. Whose suffering troubles the author the most?
5. In the early stage of the author's grief, what was one emotion he felt toward God?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)