|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early stage of the author's grief, what was one emotion he felt toward God?
2. Who is H.?
(a) A faculty member.
(b) The author's brother.
(c) The author's wife.
(d) A friend from the author's past.
3. In what way does the author crave to be touched by H.?
(a) On the astral plane.
(b) Upon the plane of nature.
(c) In his dreams.
(d) On the heavenly plane.
4. Rather than relying upon his memory of his wife, what does the author want?
(a) For God to return her.
(b) To dwell on her sweetness.
(c) To replace her with a new partner.
(d) To forget she ever lived.
5. What is Lewis' state of mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory about God does the author dismiss?
2. How do some of the author's friends try to console him?
3. What is the only thing, according to the author, that tests the reality of a belief?
4. In the second chapter, what does the author reason God must do if He hurts people so in this life?
5. At the very end of the second chapter, to what or whom does the author compare himself?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)