|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the author determine holds no promise of a happy afterlife?
(a) Academic works.
(d) Religious lithographs.
2. To what does the author compare falling in love with H.'s memory?
(b) The next best thing to having H. with him.
3. What religious form would an introduction of a bad God take, according to the author?
(a) A sort of extreme Calvinism.
(b) A Roman Catholic idea.
(c) Distorted Anglican theology.
(d) An Eastern religious idea.
4. What does the author say combats the idea of God's mindless cruelty?
(b) Memories of lost loved ones.
(c) The promise of heaven.
5. Rather than relying upon his memory of his wife, what does the author want?
(a) For God to return her.
(b) To replace her with a new partner.
(c) To forget she ever lived.
(d) To dwell on her sweetness.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the second chapter, what does the author reason God must do if He hurts people so in this life?
2. What kind of character did the author's wife have?
3. How does Lewis think his friends react to talking about H.?
4. How does God seem to respond to the author's agony?
5. In Chapter Two, what does the author say is one more name for death?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)