|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling is the author surprised to discover that grief resembles?
2. What was the difference between the author's and H.'s sufferings?
(a) There was no difference.
(b) They were very different experiences.
(c) The experiences changed all the time without warning.
(d) One of them did not suffer at all.
3. Who said, "Why have you forsaken me?"
(a) A friend.
(c) The author.
4. What did H. say so often?
(a) "I will always love you."
(b) "C'est la vie."
(c) "Alone into the alone."
(d) 'Don't let me die."
5. What does the author conclude it is foolish to expect from the dead?
(a) For them to come back to life.
(b) For them to wait for their loved ones.
(c) To have conversations with them.
(d) For them to report what Heaven is like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is A Grief Observed a series of?
2. How does the author view the world that H. left behind?
3. Of what disease did H. die?
4. If death is real, what does the author conclude about it?
5. In the first chapter, what does the author say is the most "disquieting symptom"?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)