|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the early stage of the author's grief, what was one emotion he felt toward God?
2. Who is the main character in the book?
(a) The two sons.
(b) C. S. Lewis.
3. What does the author finally decide about the reality of death?
(a) That it brings freedom from suffering.
(b) That it is an illusion.
(c) That is certainly exists.
(d) That it is a cheap trick.
4. Where does the author feel his loss the most?
(a) In his body.
(b) At the park.
(c) At work.
(d) In his home.
5. According to the author, what feeling does a dying person experience?
(a) Relief that pain will end.
(b) Joy to be going to Heaven.
(c) Fear of destruction.
(d) Sorrow to leave one's partner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does God seem to respond to the author's agony?
2. How does Lewis think his friends react to talking about H.?
3. How does the author view the world that H. left behind?
4. Who is H.?
5. In the first chapter, who does the author say had died several years ago?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)