|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease took both of the author's parents?
(a) Old age.
(b) Heart disease.
2. What does the author say happens when we experience any kind of pain?
(a) We run from it.
(b) We barely notice it.
(c) We need to share it with others.
(d) It pulls us toward it.
3. In the first chapter, who does the author say had died several years ago?
(a) The author's father.
(b) One of the author's sons.
(c) The author's friend.
(d) The author's brother.
4. According to the author, what would happen if two lovers died at the exact some moment?
(a) They would still die alone.
(b) It would be as if they never died.
(c) They would go to Heaven together.
(d) They would not recognize each other.
5. What happens when the author tries to remember H.'s face?
(a) His memory is crystal clear.
(b) He sees her as if she is still alive.
(c) He cannot recall what she looked like.
(d) Her face is not clear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lewis think his friends react to talking about H.?
2. What sense does the first chapter end with?
3. According to the author, if he searched the universe for H., what would happen?
4. What does the author conclude about the way that lovers feel about the other one's death?
5. How does the author view the world that H. left behind?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)