|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease took both of the author's parents?
(a) Heart disease.
(b) Old age.
2. What does the author conclude it is foolish to expect from the dead?
(a) To have conversations with them.
(b) For them to wait for their loved ones.
(c) For them to report what Heaven is like.
(d) For them to come back to life.
3. Of what disease did H. die?
(b) Brain tumor.
4. What kind of understanding did the author have of H.'s dying?
(a) The same understanding that H. had.
(b) An understanding of the physical pain.
(c) An understanding of knowing death was approaching.
(d) An intellectual understanding.
5. According to the author, what feeling does a dying person experience?
(a) Fear of destruction.
(b) Sorrow to leave one's partner.
(c) Relief that pain will end.
(d) Joy to be going to Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to comfort Lewis with a biblical story about Jesus?
2. Who causes the author the most confusion?
3. What does the author conclude about the way that lovers feel about the other one's death?
4. According to the author, what would happen if two lovers died at the exact some moment?
5. What did H. say so often?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)